Panther(cougar) spotted on Clemson campus

Stan in SC

I read with interest an article in the Greenville(SC) News concerning multiple sightings on the Clemson University campus of a panther or cougar.Been seen at least three times in various places.Article says it could be an otter or a dog since all three have almost identical body shapes(yeah,right).Authorities say that there have been previous sightings in past years of cougars on or near the campus but they were escapees from captivity.I wonder how they arrived at that conclusion?
If coyotes can migrate here from other parts why is it so darned hard for authorities to accept that a large cat can also?

confused,
Stan in SC

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I read with interest an article in the Greenville(SC) News concerning multiple sightings on the Clemson University campus of a panther or cougar.Been seen at least three times in various places.Article says it could be an otter or a dog since all three have almost identical body shapes(yeah,right).Authorities say that there have been previous sightings in past years of cougars on or near the campus but they were escapees from captivity.I wonder how they arrived at that conclusion?
If coyotes can migrate here from other parts why is it so darned hard for authorities to accept that a large cat can also?

confused,
Stan in SC

Good question.

Tiger Rag

them clemsun people is soo stooopid they probably saw their tiger mascot and thought it was a cougar...

GO COCKS!!!

The chickens really have a way with the english language. You have to give them that.

Local Boy

Oops, for the Alabama residents:

in·cog·ni·to (nkg-nt, n-kgn-t)
adv. & adj. With one's identity disguised or concealed:bounce: