Panthers, for real…

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Terry Kile said that the main diet of the Florida test lions was armadillos. I can believe it because during that time we had an overabundance of dillers around here.

That doesn't surprise me. There probably aren't many armadillos left in the areas with pythons.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
That’s probably it.
It’s up near the north end we’re the river flows into that lake they built for the defunct barge canal.

Yep, that`s it. Hog Valley back then was a place where you were polite, and walked around with your hat in your hand.

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I saw a female with a kitten in the road, kitten was probably 15-20lbs and stuck around the longest south of I-10 below Marianna just passing through the summer of 2009, as luck would have it the next gas station I came up on I went inside and got a drink, turned around and there was an fwc officer standing in line, mentioned it to him and said they had been trying to trap them, said they were wreaking havoc on calves in the area. Never heard anything else about it

oppthepop

I've seen them in Wyoming and Colorado but never down south. Unfortuntely I'm not able to go down to FL much anymore to hunt, but i have some great memories. And to add to what Nic said - there's a TON of black bears in Florida. Sure would like to hunt them one more time like we used to.

turkeykirk

Wonder if the panthers prey on the pythons? Something needs to.

spencer12

Wonder if the panthers prey on the pythons? Something needs to.
I read and viewed a series of pictures taken from a study of the python in Florida. They placed a trail camera over a python nest and captured the first known source of predation on eggs from a bobcat. The bobcat ate the eggs until the mother returned and then it seemed it even attempted to attack the mother but didn’t succeed. Pretty cool.

Big7

The Oracle
Sure are beautiful animals.

Wish we had some here besides The Okefenokee Swamp.

Maybe they would eat dillers' and yotes'.
:biggrin2:

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Sure are beautiful animals.

Wish we had some here besides The Okefenokee Swamp.

Maybe they would eat dillers' and yotes'.
:biggrin2:
Time to stock wolves

Big7

The Oracle
I read and viewed a series of pictures taken from a study of the python in Florida. They placed a trail camera over a python nest and captured the first known source of predation on eggs from a bobcat. The bobcat ate the eggs until the mother returned and then it seemed it even attempted to attack the mother but didn’t succeed. Pretty cool.
Thanks to the MORON BUFFOONS that turn "pet" snakes out in the wild.

Pythons go over 200 pounds.

Anaconda can go over 500 pounds.

You just can't fix STUPID. facepalm:

WOODIE13

They're a mix, just like some yotes that we get here, guess red wolves since they are in NC and I believe a few in MD and VA.

Was talking about timber wolves like Minnesota and Canada

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
They're a mix, just like some yotes that we get here, guess red wolves since they are in NC and I believe a few in MD and VA.

Was talking about timber wolves like Minnesota and Canada

Gotcha. We never had timber wolves here, except for dire wolves during the last ice age. What we have here now is really red wolves, for better or worse.

WOODIE13

Going joke here that the DNR stocked coyotes, next will be timber wolves then mountain lions since they already stocked elk to control them

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Going joke here that the DNR stocked coyotes, next will be timber wolves then mountain lions since they already stocked elk to control them

Pitiful thing is that ignorant folks really believe that.

Stupid city folks.

Big7

The Oracle
I wish we had Elk and a season.
Never had it but I've been told Elk has more marbling than White Tail or Mule Deer and taste infinitely better than either.

I'd have to flip a coin on Moose. Their lips, teeth and nostrils look to much like a horse. On the other hand, horse is regular livestock meat in other societies, much like we do Bovine and Swine.
IDK??

I'm going out west for an extended period and Costa Rica for a few months. Prolly all said, done and money spent will likely be closer to 2 years rather than 1.

Going to see and do some stuff on the bucket list before I get to old to do it.

Hunting, fishing (fresh and saltwater) and going to National Parks, NF''s and whatever else comes to mind.

Color me gone for a minute. ?