Parking fees coming to the Smokies Park?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

OwlRNothing

They can't establish an entrance fee at the Smokies

They can't institute mandated Government healthcare for every American.
They can't ban automatic weapons.
They can't take down historical statues.
They can't tell you what you can do on your own land.
They can't ban camping in Wilderness Areas.
They can't go to war without an Act of War declaration by Congress.
They can't put up a giant fence around the White House.
They can't tax people indefinitely for land they already own.
They can't ban the import of Russian oil, cause fuel prices to soar, destroy the economy, cause another recession and blame it on Republicans.
They can't possibly let one side cheat it's [redacted] off in broad daylight and do nothing to make it right.

Brother, the U.S. Federal government can do whatever it wants.

Who is going to stop them?

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
That's why I was against the New River National Park and Preserve here in WV.

They said no fees, but I won't hold my breath

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
They can't institute mandated Government healthcare for every American.
They can't ban automatic weapons.
They can't take down historical statues.
They can't tell you what you can do on your own land.
They can't ban camping in Wilderness Areas.
They can't go to war without an Act of War declaration by Congress.
They can't put up a giant fence around the White House.
They can't tax people indefinitely for land they already own.
They can't ban the import of Russian oil, cause fuel prices to soar, destroy the economy, cause another recession and blame it on Republicans.
They can't possibly let one side cheat it's [redacted] off in broad daylight and do nothing to make it right.

Brother, the U.S. Federal government can do whatever it wants.

Who is going to stop them?
Unfortunately it's gonna have to be the States of The United States of America.
It's to bad that the Articles of Confederation (approved 7-9-1778) which gave total control to the State's governments... till it went broke and folks figured out that it didn't work.
Then it took from 9-17-1787 till 6-21-1788 for them to come up with The Constitution that gave MOST of the power to the State governments, but just enough to the Federal government to "organize" things into what we "think" it's supposed to be.
Now everyone at the federal level "thinks" that's the top of the heap and they can control everything.
It's now time for the States to "remind" the feds that the people of THE United States are the ones ACTUALLY in control.. not the feds... not holliwierd...and mostly NOT whoever sleeps in the White House.

trout maharishi

Anything any time they want. All of this because a couple of areas in the park lack parking spaces. They haven't tried anything else.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Anything any time they want.
Except banning those stupid, obnoxious rental side-by-sides that clog and infest the TN side of the park by the thousands. They're like dry-land jet skis.

trout maharishi

Except banning those stupid, obnoxious rental side-by-sides that clog and infest the TN side of the park by the thousands. They're like dry-land jet skis.

You know you want to drive one.:LOL: I avoid Cades Cove and 441 like the plague anymore. I can remember when the park was almost a ghost land from Thanksgiving until Easter. Not anymore, they clog every major artery everyday of the year. They have implemented required reservations to even enter the park in several of the more popular parks, it's coming here soon. Maybe the price of gas, lodging, and food will have an impact.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You know you want to drive one.:LOL: I avoid Cades Cove and 441 like the plague anymore. I can remember when the park was almost a ghost land from Thanksgiving until Easter. Not anymore, they clog every major artery everyday of the year. They have implemented required reservations to even enter the park in several of the more popular parks, it's coming here soon. Maybe the price of gas, lodging, and food will have an impact.
Been to the upper end of Roaring Fork lately? :eek2:

trout maharishi

That use to be a good little stream when you got away from the road. I've heard horrible things the last couple years. Including conflicts with property owners on the lower end where it runs out of the park.

turkeykirk

I made the mistake of going to Cades Cove in the Fall about 25 years ago. Family wanted to ride the loop road to see deer about 1 hour before sunset. Got in traffic as soon as I turned on the loop from the campground. Bumper to bumper. Ask a Park Ranger on the road directing traffic how far it was backed up. He said the whole way. Took me 1.5 hours to get to the first cut thru road and back out to the exit. Haven’t been back since. Guess it’s worse than that today.:biggrin3:

whitetailfreak

My 93 year old Mamaw 10 miles up Hazel Creek decorating a cemetery last Sunday. Telling her she has to have a permit to put silk flowers on our family's graves will go over like a poot in church.

Screenshot_20220621-213619~2.png

We have been battling with the Park about a different issue for the last few weeks and thankfully just got it resolved. Honestly, I couldn't name one Superintendent until this current one and I've gotten to know his name well.

Last edited: