PB&J Debate

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
I have been a PB&J connoisseur since the 70's. I have at least two or three a week and have for decades. A good PB&J is on toasted bread but that is not where my communist wife thinks that I am crazy. One MUST mix the peanut butter and jelly before it goes on the bread. You also always mix double so that you can spoon feed yourself with the remaining mix of pure goodness before devouring the sammy.

Do you mix or do you spread it out like a monkey trying to grease a ball bearing?

Some mater soup and a fat PB&J on toasted multigrain is what Jesus truly wanted us to have. :bounce:

HermanMerman

First, the peanut butter must be of the crunchy variety or else we can’t be friends. Grape jelly is best, although I will tolerate strawberry. And I’ll accept toasted bread, although in my humble opinion the ultimate pbj has been made and stored in the fridge just long enough to get a nice chill. As far as mixing the two beforehand… I’ve never tried it but I’ll do so next time and report back. Hope this helps.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, y'all are out there somewhere in another dimension. I love PBJs. But, not them PBJs.
100% non-toasted or hot (toasted PBJ: :sick: )
Not mixed. Peanut butter on one piece of bread, jelly on the other. Grape or muscadine jelly only for a PBJ. And crunchy peanut better is unclean, and an instrument of Satan. Creamy only. :)

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I like to toast a few of them freezer waffles and make a sammich outta them. PBnJ or PBnHoney. Works good for me

We do not mix the PB and J before applying to substrate. That would make a mess. I’m leaving a small footprint. One butter knife and napkin and I’m out

Stob

First, the peanut butter must be of the crunchy variety or else we can’t be friends. Grape jelly is best, although I will tolerate strawberry. And I’ll accept toasted bread, although in my humble opinion the ultimate pbj has been made and stored in the fridge just long enough to get a nice chill. As far as mixing the two beforehand… I’ve never tried it but I’ll do so next time and report back. Hope this helps.
Try it, its life changing!
Man, y'all are out there somewhere in another dimension. I love PBJs. But, not them PBJs.
Not mixed. Peanut butter on one piece of bread, jelly on the other. Grape or muscadine jelly only for a PBJ. And crunchy peanut better is unclean, and an instrument of Satan. Creamy only. :)
I'll agree with you on the crunchy peanut butter. I too like homemade jam better than any store bought 'jelly'. There are some good store bought jam's, they just cost as much as a F150. We stock up at the Amish market when we head to the hills.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Try it, its life changing!

I'll agree with you on the crunchy peanut butter. I too like homemade jam better than any store bought 'jelly'. There are some good store bought jam's, they just cost as much as a F150. We stock up at the Amish market when we head to the hills.
I have. If life-changing means being disgusted, yeah. :bounce:

Stob

I like to toast a few of them freezer waffles and make a sammich outta them. PBnJ or PBnHoney. Works good for me

We do not mix the PB and J before applying to substrate. That would make a mess. I’m leaving a small footprint. One butter knife and napkin and I’m out
Going to have to try the waffle's. We are a paper plate family. I buy them paper bowls for mixing. One pack will last a year. Honey is good too.

HermanMerman

I think the best way to resolve crunchy/creamy debate is for you to feed that weiner dog a spoonful of crunchy and spoonful of creamy. Feel free to record his reaction and post.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Jiff smooth on one side, jelly or preserves on the other. Preserves will be strawberry, pear, peach, or fig. Jelly will be muscadine, mayhaw, beautyberry, or orange marmalade. Light bread, either plain but toasted is better.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think the best way to resolve crunchy/creamy debate is for you to feed that weiner dog a spoonful of crunchy and spoonful of creamy. Feel free to record his reaction and post.
He agrees with me. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if they still make that swirly mixed-up jar of peanut butter and jelly? That stuff was nasty.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Saw that the other day and remember when they introduced it back in the early 80's. GROSS!
I tried it one time. Threw most of the jar away.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Far be it from me to tell a man how to eat a PBJ, but here's how I do it.

White bread, preferably the kind for Texas Toast.

A big, overdone glop of smooth peanut butter on one side, and a big overdone glop of jelly on the other.

Once put together, the thing should weigh at least half a pound.

Pile of plain Lays Tater Chips and a dill spear on the side.

*Pre mixed PB&J ruins the whole dang thing. That's what they did at the elementary lunchroom...

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I have been a PB&J connoisseur since the 70's. I have at least two or three a week and have for decades. A good PB&J is on toasted bread but that is not where my communist wife thinks that I am crazy. One MUST mix the peanut butter and jelly before it goes on the bread. You also always mix double so that you can spoon feed yourself with the remaining mix of pure goodness before devouring the sammy.

Do you mix or do you spread it out like a monkey trying to grease a ball bearing?

Some mater soup and a fat PB&J on toasted multigrain is what Jesus truly wanted us to have. :bounce:
Nearly the perfect recipe -- Perfect is extra crunchy Jiff and blackberry jelly.

Latest posts