Picked up a new Toy....ota...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Been looking for a bit for just one more single cab 4x4 5sp Toyota. Happened to check CL, and there it was ....

1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Tires
Lift
Exhaust
Seat
Windshield
Bed liner
Headlights
Intake Air box
Bed mat
Wheels
New emblems Black
Bumper push bar
Front rotors and pads
New front struts
All new seals and gaskets
Plugs & wires
Egr delete
Belts
Yukon rear locker
Spartan front locker

It was the easiest deal ever, and she's a looker to boot. Picked it up in Jacksonville, and had a two hour drive to get acquainted. Rides out very well, everything works.

IMG_20210218_081500975.jpg

Happy happy!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Mighty nice rig. I have an old `97 Outlaw myself. It`ll go anywhere.

IIICrkRepr

Half the price of a side x side. I have been looking for one too, preferably beat up some, want to rhino line it, install a flat bed & swampers on it on it, use it as a stump jumper at hunt camp.

Reactions: Dub

Ray357

AWOL
Been looking for a bit for just one more single cab 4x4 5sp Toyota. Happened to check CL, and there it was ....

1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Tires
Lift
Exhaust
Seat
Windshield
Bed liner
Headlights
Intake Air box
Bed mat
Wheels
New emblems Black
Bumper push bar
Front rotors and pads
New front struts
All new seals and gaskets
Plugs & wires
Egr delete
Belts
Yukon rear locker
Spartan front locker

It was the easiest deal ever, and she's a looker to boot. Picked it up in Jacksonville, and had a two hour drive to get acquainted. Rides out very well, everything works.

View attachment 1067177

Happy happy!
Nice! I learned something new. I thought everything on C.L. was a scam.

MX5HIGH

Nice Toyota truck. I’m partial to the standard cab Toyota trucks myself. After searching for a while I recently found an ‘08 with 410,000 miles (original owner) and it still runs and rides like a new one. You just can’t beat Toyota trucks, IMHO. I have completed a full detail including the engine bay.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
On the way home from work today she went to squealing so bad I thought my second ex wife had been stuffed under the hood...Thankfully it was just the pulley bearing on the alternator.:bounce:

Add one to the "new list".

Dub

Good job, @Railroader

I've found that those midsize 4x4 trucks are mighty handy as hunt trucks.

I used the heck outa my Polaris when my main vehicle was a full sized truck or Tahoe.

After getting a midsize 4WD pickup, though....I found myself hooking up to the utility trailer for the Polaris less and less often on hunting trips.

I keep a come-along & straps as well as a jump starter battery onboard and I've been good to go....especially since I went to more aggressive tires...went from AT to MT and have zero complaints.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Yeah y'all, I'm pretty happy with it!!

Seems to be a good one so far. I have an old tool box drying that I rolled with black Herculiner, and there will probably be a winch in it's future.

And as soon as The Kid can see over the wheel, he's gonna learn to drive in the woods...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Just got back from a little woods ride and yeah, this little truck will climb a tree...

And with the manual hubs, 2Lo third gear is PERFECT for easing thru the woods.

2Lo will also make it very easy for The Kid to learn how the clutch works.

I forgot how much I like these little trucks.

longbowdave1

My son has a stock Tacoma single cab 4x4, he loves it! Think its 2012 model.

mossyoakpro

I have a 99 Extended cab that I bought new...has a Warn on the front that has only been used once. Great trucks! Mine has been relegated to trapping and hunting now...thought about selling it but I can't bring myself to do it.

Headshot

Great looking find. Toyotas are tough.

(I bought a 2014 Tacoma double cab 4x4 TRD Sport in Dec 2013. I love it!)

Last edited: