Pigs

Big7

The Oracle
Prolly not real good pig hunting there.

I'd go at least far south of Macon.

transfixer

Some of the mountain WMA's have a population, haven't kept up with it in years though, east of Gainesville over around Athens and north of there you'll find them, up and down the Broad river basin, Redlands wma probably still has some too

georgia_home

There were some running around war woman back in the day. Way up top. Not sure about these days. Saw two coming off on a deer trip there.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’d find the closest WMA to you and go check it out. There are certainly pigs there. I saw pigs several times in Dalhonega and that was back in 2001. I just don’t see them ever being wiped out or gone forever. I’d start with the closest one

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Mountain pigs move around a lot, but you can bet they're out there. I've seen heavy sign at Chattahoochee WMA and some sign at Warwoman WMA. I've heard tell of them on Lake Russel WMA, too. I've stumbled upon them two weekends in a row during the off-season at Chestatee and Swallow Creek WMA's. But I've also spent multiple days walking 8+ miles without seeing any.

So yes, they're out there; just be ready to wear out some boots from walking.

I recommend figuring out what WMA's you're interested in, then search on the forums "<WMA Name>" and "hogs" or "pigs" to get an idea on what others have scene in the last few years. I've gotten tons of information that way, though the hardest part is still up to you.

Last edited: