Pizza

Big Foot

What’s your go to pizza? Local or National chain dillio?

Dominos pizza = saving some $

Ate dominos as could afford em in college, moved up to the local good pizza pie as an adult...the daughter ordered some Dominos with the young ones last pm - 17 bucks for 2 pizzas.....purdy dern goot JS - saved some $$ too. Have not had a Dominos in over 20 years = missing out....

My go to local pie is grrrreat, but we talking 20 bucks a pie....Ippoplitos

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Little Ceasar in an emergency. 5 dolla. Nasty. Quick. Cheep.

Marco's for the best basic pizza night.

We have two locals: Ritchie B's (lunch only) and Dante's that are unsurpassed the world over, but not the most convenient budget/time wise

I won't eat pizza hut, or walk in one. I'll mooch papajohns or dominoes if offered, but am not a customer

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
If all I'm wanting is a pizza cheap.. then it's pizza hut or dominos, depending on which has the better deal. If I want a good pizza then it's Ian's Oven. About a mile from the house with great pizza, even what use to be a large (20") every where. They deliver but are sooo slow, better to just order it take out and give them a hour and head over there (1 mile from my house) and bring it home.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
This is the correct answer. Alino’s at the Mall of Georgia is pretty good too.
Maybe...but I live on the other side of the state from da passum...thankfully.

Stonewall 2

I can’t stand Dominos or Papa Johns I can make cheese toast at home those two franchises ruined a bunch of good mom and pop pizza joints. Last dominos I ordered I asked for extra sauce and still got dry cheese toast. Our go to in Athens is Depalma’s and Mellow Mushrom.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Not fond of DePalmas although I've never had pizza there, and never ate at Mellow as it's not that convenient for me when I want something quick. For.me it's the Papa if I want it quick and a deal or Peppino's on Whitehall if I'm looking for.something a little better

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I dont know if it is still there but there used to be a My Cousin Vinny's in Atlanta and they had the best Pizza I ever ate.

GoldDot40

Not fond of DePalmas although I've never had pizza there, and never ate at Mellow as it's not that convenient for me when I want something quick. For.me it's the Papa if I want it quick and a deal or Peppino's on Whitehall if I'm looking for.something a little better
You should go out to Watkinsville and try Fully Loaded. Met the wife there for lunch a couple of weeks ago. It's on the same tier as Peppinos...which is good too. Their calzones are something to brag about too. Great place.

Amici's downtown also has some good pizza. Then there's Transmetropolitan downtown that has awesome pizza if you can overlook all the hippies in there. Mellow Mushroom's pizza has enough grease dripping off it to grease a 5th wheel.

As far as chain restaurant pizza...I still like Pizza Hut.