Plastic Ammo Cans - $3

GunnSmokeer

Harbor Freight has a COUPON / sale on these plastic replicas of military ammo cans (5.56 mm size, I think?) for only $2.99 (Corrected Feb. 9th)
The normal price is only six bucks, though.

https://www.harborfreight.com/Ammo-Dry-Box-63135.html

They seem to be good for organizing and storing ammo, but I don't know that I'd trust one to be able to fall off the back of a deuce-and-a-half onto the ground and not have the lid pop open or the hinges break off. For light duty among civilians in peacetime, they seem good.
I JUST DID buy 5 of them (the limit is 5 per person, on this sale) today at Harbor Freight in Gainesville.
The sale is good thru the end of February (the 29th, this year!)

PS - This sale requires a coupon. This particular coupon is not being distributed at the stores themselves. I found a whole page full of coupons in one of the gun magazines that I get every month. I think it was Guns & Ammo

Last edited:

zedex

Gator Bait
I use a lot of them.

I keep my fishing plastics in one, jigs in another, flashers in another......

I also use them as a hard case for binoculars, night vision, handheld gps..

I use one for wrenches, one for socket sets, one for misc tools on the backhoe

For camping, they are great for tent anchors , lighters, ....

They just so versatile. I maybe have about 100 of them in various sizes and styles. They're used for everything EXCEPT ammo. ( that's kept in better containers)

madsam

I use them , aggravating to open.....Also, you can pull the coupon
up on your phone while at the store.

GunnSmokeer

Edited my post.
It's $2.99, not $3.99, in the ad I saw.

Yeah, it's a coupon -only sale, but Harbor freight gives out their coupons freely to anybody who visits their store.
And, as a poster above said, you can get the coupon online too.

I'd attach a screenshot or pic but the file size is too large. (the GON form really really needs to do something about that, to let us upload images more easily.)

Jethro Bodean

They are very handy to have. I have a bunch, to keep my ammo segregated. Labeled like: .45ACP Carry, .45ACP Range, 10mm Carry, 10mm Range, etc.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Looks just like the one I use for 12v 12ah SLA batteries for trail cameras. Think I paid $7 on Amazon.

GunnSmokeer

I bought 5 just now. They do have a flexible vinyl gasket inside the lid that should make them watertight, and heep humidity away.
But the hinges both for the handle on top of the lid and the lid itself where it's attached to the main box look rather flimsy.
I'd be very careful about carrying these when they're fully loaded. Especially if you're trotting up or down a flight of stairs, stumbling over rocky terrain, or doing anything else that might cause sudden jerking motions in the hand that's holding this ammo box.

But mine will be sitting on the shelf most of the time, and I think they'll be just fine for that application.