Is Your Ammo Too Precious to Use?

Lilly001

Those are realy interesting shot shells.
From the 70's?
Very cool.

Hillbilly stalker

I've got 3 or 4 of the old "Active" turkey shells that were made in W.V before they sold out to the Brits. They are all plastic with a metal primer. They are the first 3 inch turkey shell with a 2 oz load that I remember. That was before all these super duper kill em at a 100 yards shells came out. Back in the early 80's. I'm saving them to share with my grandkids I hope to have one day.

Lilly001

According to the inet those Wanda shells were made 67-72' in Texas.
They are listed on one site for 5$ each.

Laman

They were made in the Houston area I believe Pasadena or South Houston. I was living there at the time and thery were heavily promoted locally. The company also had a service where you could bring in a sample of your shotshells and they would pressure test them for you. That service came in handy for my neighbor who reloaded our duck and goose loads as we were having some real issues with some new reloads after he switched from fiber wads to the than "new" one piece plastic wads. He brought some reloads in for testing and after only two shots the technician told him that they were significantly over pressure and to stop using immediately. Seems like he didn't adjust the powder load down when switching to the better sealing plastic wads, so we spent a weekend cutting open and dumping a case of paper shells. We all learned an important lesson then, and no i never shot any of the Wanda shells but they didn't last long.

BriarPatch99

Ammo "too precious to use" ?
Only if it is no longer made -- like 25rf I only have 50 left --

Yes .....I only have about 30 left Stevens .25 Rimfire cartridges left and the current price IF you can find any are from.$4.00 to $6.00 per round .....

BriarPatch99

Re 25 rf -- Thinking of converting mine to 22 rf -- just a stevens favorite. ---

Trying to figure out how to pull the bullet on a .17 WSM ...expand the neck to .25 .... figure out a powder ...then seat a .25 bullet of some type .... Crazy I know!!!

pavogrande

I have heard of, and thought about trying nail gun cartridges --
Using a cast bullet breech seated ahead of cartridge. --
Not sure of their horsepower--
Favorite is barely suitable for modern 22rf, non hi velocity --