For 35 Whelen and .358 Win Reloaders...

earlthegoat2

I think that Sierra 225 Spitzer BT is the best all around 35 Whelen bullet.

I don’t think they have produced any in a few years though. They are not discontinued that I know of.

The times I’ve visited the pro shop, they’ve had nothing to interest me. Usually just nothing but full retail and limited selection at that.
Their prices have become exorbitant. Likewise Sierra.
I’ve gravitated to Speer because I used a lot of them 40+ years ago and they haven’t dramatically increased prices. I’ve gotten equally good accuracy from Speer as Sierra. As good or better on-game performance from the Hot-Cor bullets. 0For a number of years, Speer wasn’t as available but that has changed since Sierra was bought out. The new owners have discontinued many of the traditional hunting bullets in favor of more expensive/profitable match lines. The last Sierra’s I bought were some 80gr MatchKing .224” for my NM AR . At that, they were 2-500pc bulk box on clearance at MidwayUSA for $80 each w/free shipping and no internet tax. That was ‘18 or ‘19. I only use them at 600yds in matches. Since then, I use 75gr Hornady BTHPT Match. Less than 1/2 the price and nearly as accurate. At least good enough for me as I’m declining. (68yrs old soon)..
I really miss the .264” 120gr HotCor, which Speer in their misguided thinking discontinued.

In the .35 whelen I use the Sierra 225 gr sp. I have only killed 10 deer with them. From ranges of 15 yrds to 250 yrds, 10 rounds, 10 deer, total of zero steps taken after the shot. I have loaded up a bunch of speer 250 grain but havn't used them because the sierra works so well.