Port St Joe fishing

BlackMtnMan

Headed down in the 25th and gonna try my hand at some surf fishing and just wondering what to expect and advice. Staying on the beach just west of Port St Joe. Thanks in advance

trial&error

Rough weather this past weekend, but I saw several people surf fishing. I didn't see any catching, but I was working and didn't keep my eye on them.

douginga

I live on SJB, I caught a few Pompano & a few big whiting last week. I've tried it a few times this week & small croakers are so thick you can't keep them off your bait, hopefully they'll move out soon. Pompano should be here when your here. The Spanish Mack's are thick just outside the 2nd sand bar off the beach.grilled pompano.jpgspanish macks.jpg

Last edited:

trial&error

Did you troll for the mackerel? I saw a few boats running back and forth, but didn't see them catching either.

Rabun

A buddy of mine is on the cape now doing well with pompano on the beach catching just before the sandbar on shrimp and fishbites, reds and tout in the bay on the grass flats early with skitter walks, gold spoons and doa paddletails. When the current gets ripping in the canal, the reds stack up. Bounce a carolina rigged (short leader) live shrimp along the bottom with the current. I've seen quite a few landed from the area under the 98 bridge. Good luck! Let us know how you do.

Latest posts