Port St Joe Report

The mtn man

Ill be in the area next week in the surf.

mdgreco191

Trout and slot sized reds are chewing on the grass flats. Caught them on Gulp shrimp under a popping cork and swimming paddle tails on a jig head. Off the beach I caught a bull red, some trout, sharks, and stingrays. I didn't see a pomp landed though.

hawkeye123

Fished hard today in bay, 8-3, 30 shorts again 4 keeper trout, my buddy lost big red at boat, 3 sharks, 5 mangrove snapper, tough conditions no high tide today, water still dirty, tried live bait today, Lys , pinkish, live shrimp, I caught only red, undersized 14-15", only real bite was popping cork over grass

jfinch

Got in late last night. Getting provisions for the trip. Will probably fish for a while after lunch. If you see us on the water say hello. 3C27E289-CA27-4264-B3CB-7D9ED6391F7A.jpeg

jfinch

Water seemed a little better along the big flat east of the boat ramp. We only caught a small flounder and a 17” redfish ?

Last edited:

jfinch

Well the trolling motor quit while we were out today. I will have to see if blue water outfitters has a 30A 125V NEMA L5-30 plug. Mine is melted. Otherwise I will order from amazon and pull anchor the rest of the weekend.

douginga

Well the trolling motor quit while we were out today. I will have to see if blue water outfitters has a 30A 125V NEMA L5-30 plug. Mine is melted. Otherwise I will order from amazon and pull anchor the rest of the weekend.
If Blue Water doesn't have what you need, try Lindl's in Panama City. I'm sure they can help.

bassboy1

Worse case scenario, pull the receptacle, and hard connect the wires together. Bluewater surely will have some large gauge butt connectors, or large ring terminals you could bolt together to save the trip.

hawkeye123

Wade fished St Joe Bay in am 2 skipjack, 1 short trout, 1 keeper flounder, went to St George after lunch tried to fish cut at state park but 4wd road was closed, fished pier caught buncha trash fish, 1 12" gag grouper, Fla DNR guy said shifting sands caused road closure, bunch of folks been getting stuck

jfinch

Blue water outfitters had the plug. So I am all fixed. Fished St Joe Bay today. Caught another 17” redfish and a short trout. Fed the rest of the shrimp to the pinfish. I think if we fish tomorrow I am going to just use artificial to try and avoid the pinfish.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Blue water outfitters had the plug. So I am all fixed. Fished St Joe Bay today. Caught another 17” redfish and a short trout. Fed the rest of the shrimp to the pinfish. I think if we fish tomorrow I am going to just use artificial to try and avoid the pinfish.

Cut pin fish make fantastic bait... On the bottom, a gold spoon or even under a popping cork.?

jfinch

Back home. All we caught was shorts. Had an in shore slam of short fish. How bout everyone else?

hawkeye123

Size limit sure is working, caught 15 or so trout between 14 1/2 & 14 3/4 on 2 inshore charters. 3 of us got our limit of keeper trout, but it took 2 trips to get 9, lol, 1 keeper flounder 12", I caught only red , short 15" 4 sharks biggest 3 1/2 ft, 4 blk sea bass , 1 mangrove keeper, 12" gag grouper, surf was unfishable after Thursday with Delta churning it up, managed 6 whiting & 2 rays in surf, by far the worst ever trip down there far as catching, but still a great place. 2 or 3 years have me a center console, be seeing you down there often!

fairweather

Been here since Friday. High winds from the east, then shifting to the west. Water is stained from the canal. I can't even begin to count the number of short trout I got. I hope they all grow up for next year, Things perked up a lot today. Wind dropped quite a lot, still out of the NW. Got into some decent reds, trout, and the occasional flounder today. That figures, since I am leaving tomorrow!

Latest posts