Powder questions

Jim Boyd

Hey folks

In my haste to get started reloading recently (when things were EVEN harder to find) - I ended up with a pound each of Accurate 4064 and Hodgdon H110.

I load for 350L, 6.5G, 6.5CM and 7-08.

I read some anecdotal stuff about using these two powders in the rounds I have but does anyone have good advice to how to utilize these powders (4064 and H110) in my case?

Many thanks

E8596A84-C95D-4070-A7F7-537E58C6E518.jpeg

Jester896

Senior Clown
it looks like the H110 might give you around 2500fps in the 350L with a 125 or 147gr bullet. Not sure what weight you are running in yours.

Jim Boyd

it looks like the H110 might give you around 2500fps in the 350L with a 125 or 147gr bullet. Not sure what weight you are running in yours.

Jester

I am using a Hornady 165 in the 350L with Lil Gun.

I am almost an idiot as I overlooked H110 in the Hornady load data.

Looks like the H110 specifies the use of slightly less powder (at xx velocity) and they both top out at about 2250.

Many thanks !!!!

Jester896

Senior Clown
the H110 is going to have about 10,500 more psi and be about 100fps slower looking at the data...you might know you shot that one :D

H110 works good in large bore pistols and small bore shot shells

Jim Boyd

Hey Jim I’m sure you’ve seen the Hodgdon online stuff but just in case:

I’ve loaded a lot of the 264s but not with those powders.

I will make sure to look sir!

There is a reason GON is heralded as great.

People like @Dub, @Jester896 and @menhadenman that help guide folks trying to learn.

All apologies to folks I did not name that also bring excellence to the equation.

Very thankful.

JeffinPTC

Click this box:

and

Steve is gone but his pages remain, albeit with a paywall.
Or you can use this link, accept and click on a bullet diameter for gigs of data

menhadenman

I will make sure to look sir!

There is a reason GON is heralded as great.

People like @Dub, @Jester896 and @menhadenman that help guide folks trying to learn.

All apologies to folks I did not name that also bring excellence to the equation.

Very thankful.

These guys all helped me a ton - just a couple years ago I was still stuck doing some really basic stuff. BP, jester, jeffin and a few others are walking encyclopedias.
(y)

Latest posts