PSA for older guys and younger ones too.

wvdawg

Staff member
Can't believe I used to "walk" ladders along the gutters! Now I don't use anything taller than an 8' stepladder! Glad you are okay.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Those 'feet' on the bottom of extension ladders rotate so that they can dig into the ground to help prevent sliding.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
The smart thing to do is have someone cut down the pi e trees so they don,t clog the gutters.....especially if you get any high winds ,ice,snow.

Hoss

OK, a bit more information, the problem with the ladder was it was on concrete and the concrete had a slight slope. The ladder wasn’t doing any digging in. I was getting off the roof and had stepped on the top section of the ladder. Put some weight on the ladder and the bottom started to slide And I couldn’t step back onto the roof. Yeah, I was that dumb. Yeah, I did land on concrete. Like I said I was lucky.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Glad it turned out o.k. for you Hoss.It could have been a different outcome.

Redbow

Yep you are a lucky man that you were not injured badly but of course you know that already. I am glad you are ok, we all do stupid and dumb things is a part of life for most of us.

I guess that's why an old roofing man once told me. If you are roofing a house always place a bundle of shingles at the foot of the ladders. The bundle of shingles will keep the ladder from slipping our from under you going up or coming down.

Of course if I have to go up on the roof which I do not like anymore I can always ask my Wife to lay at the foot of the ladder when I go up or come down. No way it would slip if she is there. ;)

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Glad your okay. Y’all know they make adapters for your blower so you can stand on the ground and do that. A little bit to fool with, but a lot cheaper than an Ambulance ride. Them covers for the gutter mite be another good option. After 50, a fella don’t bounce very good any more.View attachment 1180455
Now I got to buy something else