Recurve string?

SnowHunter

Hey Yall,
Nathan has a recurve (at least I think its a recurve, I'm bow ignorant :eek: ) that needs a string. What do yall recomend, where can I get one, and is there a certain weight or something I should look for??? Oh, and what about arrows???
Thanks!!
Hopefully I learn something new from this!!!
Nic

choctawlb

What lenght is the string? If you have an old string measure from loop to loop while streached taunt. If you don't have an old string the bow should have a string length written on the side of the handle. I can make him a flemish twist dacron string. Have the following colors available black, yellow, red, and green to choose from. If interested PM me .:cheers:
Thanks,
Ken

choctawlb

Nic
www.rosecityarchery.com has wooden arrows in all stages from raw shafts to premium wooden arrows finished. If he is looking for aluminum or fiberglass shafts I have no idea. You will need to know the spine weight for the arrow. On the side of the bow there will be some numbers, for example 60#@28. This means that the bow pulls 60 lbs when pulled a distance of 28" from front of handle(or riser) to the string(or nock point of the arrow).
Differt folks pull the bow back different lenghts depending on height, build, ect. If he pulled a 60#@28 inch bow to a draw lenght of 28 inches , he would need arrows spined to 60-65 pounds. If confussing please PM.
Ken

SnowHunter

Ken,
Thanks for the info!
I pulled out the bow and looked for the #'s you said, and all I could find on it were 52", 45# and what looks like some sort of identification/serial #. I can tell you the bow is labeled Shakespere Archery "The Sierra" Model X 18. All Nathan has told me was this was the bow he used in Boy Scouts and the string was broke.
Thanks for all the arrow information too! There are some arrows in the bag with the bow, but with Nathan being bigger then he was at 14, I figure the draw length has probably changed. I'll be sending you a PM as well!
Thanks
Nic