Recurves - Don't Know Why

Anvil Head

I just finished these two recurves up and got leather on them. I like making recurves just don't know why. I forged these two blades late last year and finally got them off the board and finished them up.
I also really enjoy forging daggers so I added one I finished at the same time.

The first one - Blade 6.5" forged OSB , hammered copper fittings, african blackwood handle.

DSCN7373.JPG
DSCN7375.JPG

Second one - Blade 6" Model T leaf spring, hammered brass fittings, desert ironwood handle.
DSCN7376.JPGDSCN7377.JPG

Third one - Dagger (not recurve, but finished at same time), Blade 4" forged 1084, steel fittings, stained white oak handle.
DSCN7378.JPGDSCN7379.JPG

wvdawg

Staff member
Looking good!

walkinboss01

Very nice work Carl.

Anvil Head

Thanks. I do enjoy working at the forge. Something about moving hot steel that's hard to describe to those that haven't done it. If left alone I get in a zone that totally captures my focus. Metal just starts moving.
I understand the attraction of FIF, even though most the actions on there are examples of poor and unsafe forging practices. Turned down op to be on show due to this (besides looking bad enough in person).
May not look like it, but forging double edge daggers and recurves are easy for me. (Nessmuks are even easier, shhhh!)
All fun.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
It never crossed my mind to see you on FIF, for the reasons you mentioned above about poor and unsafe practices. Not to mention the quality of the product you strive for.

Fantastic examples of your work above, BTW.

Anvil Head

Thanks Chief. Yeah, gotta maintain some level of cred.

Razor Blade

Good looking package buddy.

Anvil Head

You know me Scottie, it ain't right ifin it don't look right.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Thanks. I do enjoy working at the forge. Something about moving hot steel that's hard to describe to those that haven't done it. If left alone I get in a zone that totally captures my focus. Metal just starts moving.
I understand the attraction of FIF, even though most the actions on there are examples of poor and unsafe forging practices. Turned down op to be on show due to this (besides looking bad enough in person).
May not look like it, but forging double edge daggers and recurves are easy for me. (Nessmuks are even easier, shhhh!)
All fun.
I respect your reasons,would however enjoy seeing that show. The 10k would help defray expenses,just saying.

Anvil Head

Just money ..... didn't bring it into the world and can't take it out.

Head East

Beautiful work. Love the dagger. :cool: