Remember these?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I used to get those yaller tubes of bbs at Lay's Five and Dime.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
That Mableton k mart and woolworths was 2 of our cruisin spots back in the early 70s , we’d cruise up n down Bankhead hwy back n forth to see who was hanging out in the parking lots. Good times .
In the 80's it was from the theater to Krystals and back.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
The Packette right below the house carried the 100 plastic packs when I ran out, think they were a nickel.

We did the war thing, Red Dawn and Rambo were our driving force.

Pump it up 3 times and dump 10 down the barrel for buckshot load.

When in doubt, a bottle rocket became an RPG and blackcats stuffed in an apple were our grenades

sinclair1

In the 80's it was from the theater to Krystals and back.
Hawthorne plaza to Krystal early eighties followed by Time zone to Cobb Center Mall in the late Eighties for me.

Ran Lithia Springs with Clint West every now and again. That was usually Tbirds to Carp pond :bounce:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I used to walk down to the creek and shoot fiddler crabs with my air rifle, and no telling how many wasp nests I shot up. Never had air gun wars with friends. Thankfully, I wasn't that stupid back then. Stupid came along later. :bounce: Dad made it very clear at a young age, no foolishness with guns of any kind.

Jim Baker

Staff member
Did the southern woolworths have racks of garands and m1 carbines?

I still kick myself for not getting dad to pick up a few!
i bought a winchester model 94/22wmr at woolworths in Thomasville Georgia just before they went out of business.
That must have been in the mid 70s.

My first BB gun was the one modeled after '94 winchester. Got it for Christmas. I just remember it was hard to cock. Worst whuppin' I ever got was when I shot my brother with it. I was about 11 or so. I remember the BBs came in a little plastic bag we got at the Western Auto store.

NWS

Lucky! I had to ride from down town Powder Springs to the Austell Rd. K Mart, and not one road had a side walk back then.
Reminds me of my brother and I riding down to the lake on our bikes with a minnow bucket, full of minnows on one handlebar and tacklebox on the other and couple of fishing poles in your hand. Made for a very interesting bicycle ride.