Renamed Thread: Midwest Prep 2024 - Please join in!!! (adding Illinois pics now)

slow motion

Have a few places in Illinois i would like to have an additional stand. Ordered a few on clearance. 20240621_155725.jpg20240621_184105.jpgLadder is narrower than seat. Seems to be the trend now. Still not too bad. width inside rails 17 5/8"20240621_184419.jpgStep height 13 1/4" between rungs so 14 3/4" maybe20240621_184433.jpgTook a bit to put together. Not too difficult just still gimped up so mostly sitting in a chair rolling stand around instead of leaving it mainly stationary and me moving around it.20240622_103802.jpgSeems to be roomy but can't exactly put it up and climb currently so won't test for a bit.

One tip. I struggle with the mesh seat install on all these type stands where it slips over upright tubing. If you loosen the bolts holding the tubing to the frame it slides over easily. Just be sure to retighten. 20240622_103815.jpgI typically have to take apart something because I put together wrong. No exception today. Shooting rail is upside down. May still work that way though.

When I get ready to do the other 2 @Jim Thompson could you possibly send Derek over to mix up all the bolts for me? And maybe Bubba to sort them back out? Thanks brother.

Jim Boyd

Have a few places in Illinois i would like to have an additional stand. Ordered a few on clearance. View attachment 1313479View attachment 1313480Ladder is narrower than seat. Seems to be the trend now. Still not too bad. width inside rails 17 5/8"View attachment 1313481Step height 13 1/4" between rungs so 14 3/4" maybeView attachment 1313482Took a bit to put together. Not too difficult just still gimped up so mostly sitting in a chair rolling stand around instead of leaving it mainly stationary and me moving around it.View attachment 1313483Seems to be roomy but can't exactly put it up and climb currently so won't test for a bit.

One tip. I struggle with the mesh seat install on all these type stands where it slips over upright tubing. If you loosen the bolts holding the tubing to the frame it slides over easily. Just be sure to retighten. View attachment 1313484I typically have to take apart something because I put together wrong. No exception today. Shooting rail is upside down. May still work that way though.

When I get ready to do the other 2 @Jim Thompson could you possibly send Derek over to mix up all the bolts for me? And maybe Bubba to sort them back out? Thanks brother.

Gonna be great to have some new “seats”!

Way to go!

We added two when we visited and want to do two more in September

Amazing how hunters fret over where to sit!

slow motion

Man he dumped screws and nuts all over the place and mixed them up from different ladders.

Bad bad plan as you remember
Yall need to monitor big boys drankin when building stands. Fellas from the lodge told me theres no way in Hades they'd climb a stand he put together. Talked about him telling someone to hunt his stand once. Got there started climbing and started noticing excess noise and movement. It was missing half a dozen bolts.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Yall need to monitor big boys drankin when building stands. Fellas from the lodge told me theres no way in Hades they'd climb a stand he put together. Talked about him telling someone to hunt his stand once. Got there started climbing and started noticing excess noise and movement. It was missing half a dozen bolts.
That’s because they were lost in the giant pile of garbage he he started with

uturn

Not sure what you had to give for those…but Muddy has what looks very similar on sale for $139 right now..fyi. Not familiar with them but seemed like a pretty good deal!

slow motion

Not sure what you had to give for those…but Muddy has what looks very similar on sale for $139 right now..fyi. Not familiar with them but seemed like a pretty good deal!
They were 118.23 with free shipping. In the hunting gear deals sticky at top of the page. Might want to post the Muddy sale there as well. Put a few Muddy stands together last year. All the parts were bagged for each step and labeled such as step 1, 2, etc correlating to the instructions. Very organized. Best I've seen.

uturn

They were 118.23 with free shipping. In the hunting gear deals sticky at top of the page. Might want to post the Muddy sale there as well. Put a few Muddy stands together last year. All the parts were bagged for each step and labeled such as step 1, 2, etc correlating to the instructions. Very organized. Best I've seen.
$118.00 seems a pretty good deal to me!

I’m not exactly sure how to post it but, I’ll try anyway!

slow motion

$118.00 seems a pretty good deal to me!

I’m not exactly sure how to post it but, I’ll try anyway!
I just screenshot on my phone and posted the Pic but Pic isn't necessary. Just post what and where.

flatsmaster

Another week and it will be July. @flatsmaster put down the fishing rod for a few minutes. Time to dust those cams off and start checking to see if they still work. This is the Midwest Prep Thread. Get to prepping brother. Only 130 days till November.
Can’t put rods away yet … we’re headed to Biscayne Bay in a couple of weeks to beat up some permit and bones and then end of July to Shell Beach La to see if we can do battle with some bronze … weather cooperate’s it’s gonna be goooooooood

Jim Boyd

Can’t put rods away yet … we’re headed to Biscayne Bay in a couple of weeks to beat up some permit and bones and then end of July to Shell Beach La to see if we can do battle with some bronze … weather cooperate’s it’s gonna be goooooooood

Catch ‘em up, Brother Flats!