Renamed Thread: Midwest Prep 2024 - Please join in!!! (adding Illinois pics now)

livetohunt

Interesting.

I am hoping to hunt during archery in Iowa in 2025 - gonna head up fairly early in the year for a farm search trip.
Jim, I think it is easier to find a farm to lease in Iowa than it is in Illinois. Land also leases for a cheaper price because you do not have the nonresident competition like Illinois. I also hear some of the public land is very good. I think you said SE Iowa is where you are looking? Henry, Appanoose, Monroe, Van Buren, Davis and Wapello are good counties to check. Van Buren probably has the highest hunting pressure.

Jim Boyd

Jim, I think it is easier to find a farm to lease in Iowa than it is in Illinois. Land also leases for a cheaper price because you do not have the nonresident competition like Illinois. I also hear some of the public land is very good. I think you said SE Iowa is where you are looking? Henry, Appanoose, Monroe, Van Buren, Davis and Wapello are good counties to check. Van Buren probably has the highest hunting pressure.

Thank you Dave!

Yes, I am def gonna start in the SE.

As you know well, not that far from charlies place.

I just don’t have time to look this year but will next year, once retired.

I’m gonna try to find 100-200 acres for the archery season only. I will be a one and done Iowa hunter.

Hope you are doing well, brother.

Jim Boyd

Good luck to all my fellow Kansas hunters as this is “draw week” according to the email from their DNR….or as we like to say…celebrating @Jim Thompson drawing for the 129th time in a row . Hope everyone gets a tag and we celebrate some Kansas monsters this year.

Amen.

….or some Illinois monsters…

F72AEA9E-E5ED-40D3-922C-DF64E3470755.jpegIMG_0728.jpegIMG_1114.jpegIMG_3440.jpegIMG_3446.jpegIMG_3860.jpegIMG_3788.jpegIMG_3788.jpegIMG_8530.jpeg

Jim Boyd

Ok here comes the weekend.

Rain Friday - Saturday looks nice and big rain Sunday.

Hope the trails are still evident.

Camera survey coming up!!!!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Good luck to all my fellow Kansas hunters as this is “draw week” according to the email from their DNR….or as we like to say…celebrating @Jim Thompson drawing for the 129th time in a row . Hope everyone gets a tag and we celebrate some Kansas monsters this year.

With my time as screwed up as it is now I would be better off not drawing KS or IA and spend my time hanging from IL trees for a few weeks.

Although we all know my KS track record for draws :bounce:

Jim Boyd

With my time as screwed up as it is now I would be better off not drawing KS or IA and spend my time hanging from IL trees for a few weeks.

Yes.

Yes, we do!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

Yes.

Yes, we do!

And...my discover just got charged for KS. Bubba's card dinged too.

Man you gotta be kidding me.

Jeetdawg

And...my discover just got charged for KS. Bubba's card dinged too.

Man you gotta be kidding me.
I should have been guaranteed tags with my priority point so I had to check my CC….ding ding…it appears we are gonna be in the tree November 10. Congrats on being drawn for the 129th year in a row

Jim Boyd

I should have been guaranteed tags with my priority point so I had to check my CC….ding ding…it appears we are gonna be in the tree November 10. Congrats on being drawn for the 129th year in a row

Way to go, Jarrett!

Jim Boyd

I have never seen mosquitoes as bad. They are hideous.

Gnats are bad also but the mosquitoes in a different class.

Also have never had a tick here in my life and picked about 10 off of me last night.

Farm is far more grown up, weed wise - than I thought it was gonna be.

Crops are in and look fair.

The ground in the fields is very hard but we got rain (and hail) yesterday and last night. Maybe the rain helped. Hope the hail did not pound the crops. IMG_5502.jpegIMG_5500.jpeg

Off to work.