Renamed Thread: Midwest Prep 2024 - Please join in!!! (adding Illinois pics now)

slow motion

Bought a 3rd preference point for Iowa and applied for firearm for Illinois. Had planned on ML too but decided against. Firearm gives me 2, albeit short, seasons.

Jim Boyd

Bought a 3rd preference point for Iowa and applied for firearm for Illinois. Had planned on ML too but decided against. Firearm gives me 2, albeit short, seasons.

Nice!!!! Good luck!

Ron and I will be at Charlie’s next weekend putting out cams and doing other chores.

Time to see some images!

slow motion

Nice!!!! Good luck!

Ron and I will be at Charlie’s next weekend putting out cams and doing other chores.

Time to see some images!
Would love to be up then but probably gonna be at the South Coast with Sweet Thang eating oysters, drinking a few cold beverages, and might catch a fish or 2. Some days it's good to be me.

Jim Boyd

Would love to be up then but probably gonna be at the South Coast with Sweet Thang eating oysters, drinking a few cold beverages, and might catch a fish or 2. Some days it's good to be me.

I would think that is only on days ending in Y.

slow motion

I would think that is only on days ending in Y.
We still gotta figure out some SC inshore fishing advice for you. Tried once in the Saltwater forum without luck. Maybe in the Coastal Ga. forum. Maybe a stick of TNT for chum?

Jim Boyd

We still gotta figure out some SC inshore fishing advice for you. Tried once in the Saltwater forum without luck. Maybe in the Coastal Ga. forum. Maybe a stick of TNT for chum?

We will be there in August and Sept.

Cruising santee to Georgetown first and then fishing.

I need all the help I can get!

Jim Boyd

Just realized I'm still paying a monthly subscription on 4 and they are all in the house. Have been since my January trip up.facepalm:

Uggghhhh!

I had it out with Bushnell today and they added 3 month service each on 13 cams.

I still think they suck however.

Jim Boyd

And 1 of the 13 is missing some of the LED’s so it has to go back.

livetohunt

Anyone who is planning to gun hunt in Iowa via party hunting, I am hearing they just closed that loophole for nonresidents. Nothing official yet, but I heard it is a done deal.

Jim Boyd

In Iowa during the gun seasons, you can hunt with a group and use someone else's tag if you shoot a buck. It was an abused loophole, and it looks like Iowa is closing it.

Interesting.

I am hoping to hunt during archery in Iowa in 2025 - gonna head up fairly early in the year for a farm search trip.