RIP Randy

gb1194

Today we laid my first cousin, Randy, to rest. He got to feeling bad about the first of July, was complaining of shoulder pain. About the middle of July he missed a day of work due to the pain, a very uncommon occurrence for him. His wife made him go to the doctor. Long story short, was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, inoperable and widespread. He told the docs he wanted to go home and he came home on August 7th. In the early morning of August 9th he passed away in his own bed surrounded by his wife of 36 years and his 2 wonderful children. He was 60 years old. He was an only child but we grew up within about 100 yards of each other so we were just like brothers. His kids call me uncle and vice versa. He drove a tanker truck for 38 years. By my math if he hauled only 1 load a day at 7000 gallons a load and worked only 5 days a week then in the course of 38 years he hauled more than 69 million gallons of fuel! And I can tell you that he usually hauled more than one load a day and drove more than 5 days a week. That’s a lot fuel over 38 years, all while working for the same company that entire time. Never an accident, never a spill! That’s quite a record I think! Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to share. He was a good man. I love him and I’m gonna miss him. Love you Randy, keep on trucking!!

Big7

The Oracle
Sorry to hear that.

Condolences to the family.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Sorry for your loss.
Will be praying for y'all.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Sorry for your loss, sounds like a heck of a man.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Prayers and condolences.

Rest in peace Randy.

specialk

RIP cousin Randy, you were one of the good ones...

Dub

Sorry to hear of his passing.

We need way more people in this world like Randy.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
My condolences.

Redbow

May the God of hope and peace comfort all involved during this difficult time. Sorry for your loss, RIP Randy.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Sorry to hear of a good man passing away. May your memories of him give you consolation.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear it.