S&W 380 M&P Bodyguard Takedown Retaining Wire

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Having issues with mine, need to replace the wire. Any links??? Everything I can find leaves that little detail out.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I may be calling the pin - wire. Mine broke. Everything I’m finding ends up referring to wire so I assumed.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Are you talking about that wire at retaining pin location?
Correct. Where you pull your takedown pin out, that little wire showing in your photo. I need to replace that.

Wayne D Davis

Never broke mine down that far. But looks like two tiny alien head screws will remove the trigger and firing pin assembly and possibly have access then

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
you could just call s&w and have them send you one. in many cases it is free. tell them it broke and you dont want to send it in.
I’m calling in the morning, but my main issue is finding the instructions on how to remove / replace.

georgia_home

You can try to find the parts in a schematic. Possibly order direct. Or contact a local Smith.

I had a retaining internal takedown ?clip?spring? In a beretta come out once. They wouldn’t sell me the part or even ship to a local Smith. I had to send back to Maryland, iirc (or was it VA?) it did take 2 phone calls. Good CS with them.

It worked out. They did a RMA, paid for shipping And all work was free, returned right back to me.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
What was your solution for the fix? Mine is broken as well, and I have been hunting for an answer on how to fix it. Came across your post today in one last effort before I call S&W direct.

Thanks in advance!
Replaced the retaining wire. Found a local Gun Smith.