Sand Hill Cranes

Lukikus2

40 years ago there wasn’t one Sandhill crane in Alabama. Refugees were made to attract migratory waterfowl. I witnessed the cranes pushing Canadian geese out of them not one month ago.

Disclaimer. Those posted above are to high to shoot at. Just walk up to them and blast them with some 6’s. Would love to know what they taste like.

across the river

40 years ago there wasn’t one Sandhill crane in Alabama. Refugees were made to attract migratory waterfowl. I witnessed the cranes pushing Canadian geese out of them not one month ago.

Disclaimer. Those posted above are to high to shoot at. Just walk up to them and blast them with some 6’s. Would love to know what they taste like.
They taste awesome. Right up there with a speckled belly goose at the top of the table fare list in terms of waterfowl IMO. The population really grew over the early 2000s, and they started allowing hunting for the eastern portion once the pop hit a certain level. I knew there was an article I had seen that had the info in the seasons and what had to be done by the state and so on to actually have a season, and I finally found it, or at least a similar one. Scroll
Down to page 11 if you are interested in what Georgia would have to do to have one.