Seeing more turkeys than ever before for some reason.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Had planned on calling for a young fellow during youth days, but he got sidelined and had to be out of town. Now this coming weekend looks to be windy and wet Saturday. Maybe we should give those old gobblers a week or so before going after them.. Later on they will be rambling more than now. We had three flocks hanging around during deer season, and it looks like several hens decided to stay and next. Where the girls are, the boys will be. Wondering if most of y'all are seeing more turkeys this season?

Attachments

• gobbler at five.jpg
    gobbler at five.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 32

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I always get good naps while waiting for a gobbler to wake me up drumming. Lipstick will be on the decoy, you can bet on it.

Attachments

• gobbler b.jpg
    gobbler b.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 11

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Take great photo's, it only takes a few minutes to prepare. like this one. The old 30 dollar 12 gauge painted with bow camo paint. It was sprayed in 1967 and some of the paint is just now wearing off. I like the old pump and don't even know the brand. It came from Sears, and a fellow sold it to me in 67 for 30 bucks. He had fired it once.

Attachments

• turkey3roda.jpg
    turkey3roda.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 54

Kev

Take great photo's, it only takes a few minutes to prepare. like this one. The old 30 dollar 12 gauge painted with bow camo paint. It was sprayed in 1967 and some of the paint is just now wearing off. I like the old pump and don't even know the brand. It came from Sears, and a fellow sold it to me in 67 for 30 bucks. He had fired it once.
That’s pretty cool. Hope you have the best season you’ve ever had.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Season came in and I came down with a kidney stone. Don't know if it's passed or not. But now experiencing a spasm in my right side, rib to backbone. Cell cams are showing less gobblers than a week ago. Bet they're getting taken on adjacent properties. Hope there's at least one left if I get over this thing. It's my Golden Years. That's when the medical profession gets all your gold if you have any. Still getting hens on cams. Plus lots of deer and hogs.

Attachments

• gobbler at five.jpg
    gobbler at five.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 8