Severe Weather 2024 -Thunder, Lightning, Rain, and "Spinny Things"

normaldave

GON Weatherman
mcd0815.png

TJay

I guess Houston got hammered, they're saying some folks won't have power for weeks. I can't imagine living in Houston without ac even this time of year.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Yall might want to batton down the hatches today and tomorrow
Screenshot_20240522_124539_Lite.jpg

oldfella1962

It actually used to be 200 year old flood plains. My how things are changing.
Yes it is weird how some people living in the same location have been through several of them already! :confused:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
It rained very intensely here near Augusta for about 15 minutes, then stopped just as soon as it started.
Worse in some areas. We got about an inch in 30 minutes and some heavy winds. I have a tree to get off the driveway this morning. Neighbors within a mile or so have multiple trees down in their yard and some on their house.

TJay

Strong thunderstorm with heavy rain thunder and lightning passing thru Cherokee county. Winds were pretty strong too.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Strong thunderstorm with heavy rain thunder and lightning passing thru Cherokee county. Winds were pretty strong too.
Yep, it got dark here before it hit, plenty of wind with it. Just light ran now TJay.

TJay

Yep, it got dark here before it hit, plenty of wind with it. Just light ran now TJay.
I got a bunch of leaf litter in the yard but no trees down that I can see. As wet as the soil is trees can uproot and fall over pretty easy. As soon as the rain quits I need to check my garden. Looks like some of my peppers are laid over.

WOODIE13

Supposedly it starts here tonight with thunderstorms, but they've call for the same thing since Wednesday

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I got a bunch of leaf litter in the yard but no trees down that I can see. As wet as the soil is trees can uproot and fall over pretty easy. As soon as the rain quits I need to check my garden. Looks like some of my peppers are laid over.
When it hit I thought gardners are going to suffer from this.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Did ya'll get any hail? I didn't notice any thank goodness.
No and it’s getting bright here, this is about finished.

WOODIE13

Y'all might get some of this.

So far, it's flip a coin, roll some dice, toss some chicken bones while hungover...oh, 10% chance of precipitation
Screenshot_20240525_125044_Chrome.jpg

normaldave

GON Weatherman
"Weather Fans Assemble!":flag:

Floyd County EMA (Emergency Management Agency) and my company J Supply, invite you to attend a FREE, fun, and educational event:

Weather the Storm
Saturday June 22
12-3 PM
Floyd County EMA/Fire Admin Building
407 East 12th Street
Rome, GA 30161

Featuring:
*Keynote speaker WSB Radio (and Georgia Tech grad), Meteorologist Christina Edwards
*Rome Floyd Fire Department
*Amateur Radio Emergency Service (Ham Radio)
*Storm Spotters Demonstration
*Cookout
*Department of Public Health
*Register to win Home Emergency Response Kits from J Supply

This is part of Floyd EMA's SAFE Emergency Preparedness Academy for the community.

Hope to see you there! Let me know if you can attend so we can add to the head count for food.
safe_20240528_163343.jpg