Shooting class/ self protection

I am looking to find a class for my wife and daughters to take for personal safety and firearms shooting. They have been shooting for years but you can never have enough training. We live in the Oconee area. Does anyone have any recommendations on a trainer or classes?

Dub

I am looking to find a class for my wife and daughters to take for personal safety and firearms shooting. They have been shooting for years but you can never have enough training. We live in the Oconee area. Does anyone have any recommendations on a trainer or classes?

Locate the nicest range around....go by there and speak to the staff and see.

There are likely a number of solid instructors that use the range as a location for 1:1 training.

Be honest with them as to what your needs and goals are and hear their recommendations.

Some instructors will be more effective and easier to work with than others.

At my normal range there are several. Some seem to specialize with new shooters while others are refining the more advanced shooters. Get the match that works best for your needs & goals.

Approach as an ongoing thing, too. It's not a one-and-done matter.

TJay

Training is always a good thing, especially the type of training that gets you a certificate or some sort of documentation that states you have completed the course. If you ever wind up in court from having to use your weapon it would be a good thing to have.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
It's not Oconee but it's in Flowery Branch if you are ever in the neighborhood but Trigger Time does classes just for women and based on women with women instructors. I would check your local ranges.

B. White

Dub

After looking around in their website……I am now interested in some training. :love: :flag:

krizia829

Look up the Women on Target event held by the NRA. The name may have changed recently but I volunteered a couple of years ago as a pistol instructor and I can vouch that it is very educational and they will get to shoot all types of guns. And it is for women only of all ages.

Makes it less stressful and intimidating since men don't attend. The one I helped at down here in south FL also had lawyers available to answer any questions regarding self protection.

Also look around at local gun ranges and see what they offer. Some have bulletins with business cards that instructors use to advertise their services. Good luck!

Dub

It's not Oconee but it's in Flowery Branch if you are ever in the neighborhood but Trigger Time does classes just for women and based on women with women instructors. I would check your local ranges.

Ouch.....rule numba 8 would have me kicked outa there faster than a stack'a blueberry pancakes in front of Staysea Ambrams.

Trigger Time Range Rules
1. Treat every gun as if it were loaded. Keep it pointed in a safe direction and your finger OFF the trigger until you’re ready to shoot. 2. Keep all guns holstered or bagged when not in your shooters booth. Keep guns pointed down range.
3. All guns MUST remain in your booth unless holstered or bagged. NO GUN HANDLING OUTSIDE OF YOUR BOOTH.
4. Hearing and eye protection must be worn at all times while in the range.
5. Never move forward of the firing line. If anything falls in front of the firing line contact an employee.
6. Keep the action of your gun open while inspecting, or making adjustments.
7. If you have trouble with your gun, tell one of the range officers. Do not bring the gun into the store area.
8. No rapid fire. One shot every three seconds. :banginghe
9. No drawing from holster or shooting from the hip.
10. No pistol grip only shotguns or rifles. If your gun has a folding stock, it must be extended and used.
11. Minimum target distance: Handgun 7 yards, 22 rifles & shotguns 15 yards, Center fire rifles 25 yards.
12. Rifle caliber handguns or rifles. (Minimum target distance is 25 yards).
13. If at any time you see any action that is unsafe or anything in this facility that you believe to be unsafe, please bring it to the attention of the staff immediately.
14. Please clean up after yourself, be courteous. Push your brass forward of the firing line, clean off your table top and throw your targets into the trash cans provided.
15. Minimum age for children with a parent or guardian is 12 years old.
16. Food and Drinks are not allowed in the range.
17. Pregnant women are not allowed in the range.
18. You agree to pay for any damages caused to the range equipment. Target hangers $50.00, carriers &

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Ouch.....rule numba 8 would have me kicked outa there faster than a stack'a blueberry pancakes in front of Staysea Ambrams.

Trigger Time Range Rules
1. Treat every gun as if it were loaded. Keep it pointed in a safe direction and your finger OFF the trigger until you’re ready to shoot. 2. Keep all guns holstered or bagged when not in your shooters booth. Keep guns pointed down range.
3. All guns MUST remain in your booth unless holstered or bagged. NO GUN HANDLING OUTSIDE OF YOUR BOOTH.
4. Hearing and eye protection must be worn at all times while in the range.
5. Never move forward of the firing line. If anything falls in front of the firing line contact an employee.
6. Keep the action of your gun open while inspecting, or making adjustments.
7. If you have trouble with your gun, tell one of the range officers. Do not bring the gun into the store area.
8. No rapid fire. One shot every three seconds. :banginghe
9. No drawing from holster or shooting from the hip.
10. No pistol grip only shotguns or rifles. If your gun has a folding stock, it must be extended and used.
11. Minimum target distance: Handgun 7 yards, 22 rifles & shotguns 15 yards, Center fire rifles 25 yards.
12. Rifle caliber handguns or rifles. (Minimum target distance is 25 yards).
13. If at any time you see any action that is unsafe or anything in this facility that you believe to be unsafe, please bring it to the attention of the staff immediately.
14. Please clean up after yourself, be courteous. Push your brass forward of the firing line, clean off your table top and throw your targets into the trash cans provided.
15. Minimum age for children with a parent or guardian is 12 years old.
16. Food and Drinks are not allowed in the range.
17. Pregnant women are not allowed in the range.
18. You agree to pay for any damages caused to the range equipment. Target hangers $50.00, carriers &
I was just answering the OP's question for ladies.

I don't go to ranges..:cool:

Reactions: Dub

dslc6487

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone out there carry concealed carry insurance such as USCCA, and there are several others that offer this insurance. I have been looking into it, and, it is not that expensive, just wonder if it is worth it......

Reactions: Dub

pjciii

I would suggest the Georgia Gun Club between lawrenceville And Braselton on 124. I know when i took gun safety up here in NC the instructor has us rapid fire into the body mass.