Simms Freestone Boots Question

JonathanG2013

I have a pair of the older brown model Simms Freestone Boots. I wear a size 13. There is a little movement in the boot due to how side the top is where your ankle and foot go. Is this normal? Also I do not know if if it is due to the weight of them, or walking in the stream most of the day. I normally put maybe 5-7 miles in fishing in them for a few hours. When I am done my feet are really sore the next day. Didn't know if a different pair would be better or just double up on socks? Any advise would be appreciated.

Meriwether Mike

Most wading boots lack good arch support. Not sure of a solution.

Taxman

Hopefully a podiatrist will have the answer but failing that have
you tried putting different inserts in the boots? Good luck.

JonathanG2013

Hopefully a podiatrist will have the answer but failing that have
you tried putting different inserts in the boots? Good luck.

Have not tried inserts. Might have to try it. I can wear regular shoes and walk around all day with no issues. When I go fishing in the Simms my feet are always sore.

Taxman

Have not tried inserts. Might have to try it. I can wear regular shoes and walk around all day with no issues. When I go fishing in the Simms my feet are always sore.
Maybe try the inserts in a pair of your old shoes. I did that with a pair
of ill fitting shoes and it resolved the issue. I do believe Simms sells some
inserts. So maybe its more common than we think.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have a pair of Simms Freestones that I bought three years or so ago. I wear 12s, and these are 12s. They fit good and are pretty comfy with the thick neoprene Frogg Toggs wading socks I always wear with them. I usually put several miles a day on them too, and that is with a set of Rocktreads aluminum cleats bolted to the bottom of them. Whoever at Simms said that their stock rubber soles aren't slick should be electrocuted, hung, drawed, and quartered, then resuccitated, and have it done to them again. I about broke my durn neck the first couple times I wore them out fishing in the Smokies without cleats.

JonathanG2013

I have a pair of Simms Freestones that I bought three years or so ago. I wear 12s, and these are 12s. They fit good and are pretty comfy with the thick neoprene Frogg Toggs wading socks I always wear with them. I usually put several miles a day on them too, and that is with a set of Rocktreads aluminum cleats bolted to the bottom of them. Whoever at Simms said that their stock rubber soles aren't slick should be electrocuted, hung, drawed, and quartered, then resuccitated, and have it done to them again. I about broke my durn neck the first couple times I wore them out fishing in the Smokies without cleats.
Thanks NC. Are the Rock Treads easy to install on the Simms boots?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member