sitting out the whole season most likely

dutchman

I have had tinnitus for better than 35 years. Both ears ring all the time. I have grown accustomed. It bothered me for about a week after it developed but after that, I can't say that I actively paid it any attention. Still don't. And mine is loud enough that I hear it over most every other sound/noise I am exposed to. It's been a part of my life for so long now that if it was gone tomorrow, I'd miss it. I need to look into the acupuncture thing, though...

Mars

Im fortunate not to have tinnitus but if multiple people are talking or if there is some other noise in the area, I can't understand any of it. To have a conversation with someone, I just about need to be looking at them and in a relatively quiet place.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Im fortunate not to have tinnitus but if multiple people are talking or if there is some other noise in the area, I can't understand any of it. To have a conversation with someone, I just about need to be looking at them and in a relatively quiet place.

I have been that way for years. These masks everyone has to wear make it harder to understand and impossible to read lips or facial expressions.

bany

I can’t imagine not hunting over this. Occasionally mine is horrendous, both ears usually right constantly and worse than left. I feel like I have sensitive hearing and can’t handle my wife screaming into the right ear. She has a big mouth but she isn’t really screaming?. I’ve started wearing earplugs whenever there’s loud noise even running the highway in my work van. One day I realized “this van is stupid loud and the radio is blasting just to hear it” thanks Ford. A little insulation wouldn’t kill ya?
Sorry, the ear plugs seem to help as time goes by. Or it’s wishful thinking (listening?)

TimBray

Update- I had my monthly chiro visit yesterday but my regular Dr. was out. Decided to wait till next month's visit when she's back.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tinnitus affects my hearing, ringing all the time. Sometimes worse than others. I believe it began after several years of using earphones to copy Morse Code in the Navy in the 60's. I just deal with it. One thing that helps my ears is what an ENT told me to do. Mix half and half, alcohol/white vinegar and put it in ears when getting hot outside and after showers.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I sure do hate it for you. I have only slight and sometimes ringing in my ears. I can’t imagine what your going though make you give up sitting in the woods…….nothing wrong with fishing, but dang. Hope you find a solution

Wifeshusband

I, too, have it, clicking off and on. Doc says not much you can do. I'm like Milkman, I can't imagine giving up hunting because of it. Do what I do and don't put on any bug spray and the mosquitos will take your mine off of it. Guaranteed.

At night I have one of those sound (white noise) machines near my bed. I am partially deaf, too, but this thing drowns out just about everything. At first I didn't like it, but I've gotten so used to it that when I spent the night without it I have a hard time falling asleep.

pjciii

I have it as well. Both ears. If you didn't Know there are about 250 prescribed And over the counter medications that actually make tinnitus Worse that it actually is. You can find it with a Google search. I have just given up and deal with it as best i can. Mine actually sounds like the static Between radio stations when tuning it manually.

TimBray

Went for my monthly adjustment and she did an x-ray on my neck. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be anything she can do as the disc is in place and healed. My problem most likely stems from cord damage back in '08. :(

Bubba_1122

Same here. Mine started after my disc surgery in my neck back in '08. I mentioned it to the doctor but he just blew me off. Still hear well enough to hunt also. Wifey tells me I'm getting hard of hearing. I do not mention I have my selective hearing turned on. ;)
On another note, my chiropractor wants to try adjusting my neck to relieve the tinnitus. Considering letting her try especially since it has gotten a tad louder recently. She does a good job keeping my back straightened out.
Lost majority of hearing in my left ear after neck surgery (I believe they fused C4, 5 and 6) in late 2017. Went to Mayo Clinic. Told me nothing can be done about it.
Wear a hearing aid (I didn’t know about Costco at the time). Hearing continues to degrade.