Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Wow!!!!!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That looks great!

paulito

Here is how mine turned out. 9-10 hours on the sous vide while i was at work. Then thru it on the smoke for 1.5-2 hours when i got home. Pan fried some cabbage to go with it. Did a brown sugar, mustard and garlic glaze on the corned beef. Was pretty good.

Attachments

• 20220314_180206.jpg
    20220314_180206.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220314_175727.jpg
    20220314_175727.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220314_175510.jpg
    20220314_175510.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 22

Kdog

Here is how mine turned out. 9-10 hours on the sous vide while i was at work. Then thru it on the smoke for 1.5-2 hours when i got home. Pan fried some cabbage to go with it. Did a brown sugar, mustard and garlic glaze on the corned beef. Was pretty good.

That looks incredible!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Holy cow Kevin! That looks outrageously good. I have got to try me one of them.:rockon:

paulito

i recommend soaking it in water (changing the water a couple times) for at least 24 hours to leach out some of the salt. I did one once, straight outta the package and i was the only one that would touch it and iI did so out of spite.

Kdog

They are on sale at Ingles for $4.98 #. Publix had them on sale last week as well. I soaked mine overnight, patted it dry, the used the package it came with on the top and bottom.

Smoked until 165 internal, then put it in a bath of 12oz beer plus 2 cups of beef stock until 180, then added red taters, one medium onion and 1# of carrots. Took leftovers to work today and came home with just enough for a sammich tomorrow night.

@paulito posted his and it looks much better than the one I did!

Hornet22

ROMEO
All of the above looks great ? May try smoking one this weekend. Any advice?

It's real hard and labor intensive.:bounce: Start bout a 2/3'rds chimbly of Kingsford in da Weber. When it's ready dump it all on one side. For the meat, score the fatcap real good. Grind up all the spices in that lil bag and sprankle on top. Put it on your cool side of the Weber. Crack the vents just a lil bit, let it go till they ain hardly any heat lef. Take out and let it rest, waulouw! you got deli quality pastrami.

:cheers:

Hornet22

ROMEO
Oh, forgot, pour all that juice in the bag on top of it wen you put it on the Weber:cheers:

Cool Hand Luke

It's real hard and labor intensive.:bounce: Start bout a 2/3'rds chimbly of Kingsford in da Weber. When it's ready dump it all on one side. For the meat, score the fatcap real good. Grind up all the spices in that lil bag and sprankle on top. Put it on your cool side of the Weber. Crack the vents just a lil bit, let it go till they ain hardly any heat lef. Take out and let it rest, waulouw! you got deli quality pastrami.

:cheers:
Thank you sir (y)