Smokewagon gun leather

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I posted a little about the new holster I got from Smokewagon leather in the Safari land thread, but I am going to put more in this one.

Smokewagon is none other than our own Capt Quirk! AKA Keith. He built a knife sheath for me a few months ago and we talked about a IWB carry holster for my Commander he told me when I got ready just let him know. Well the time came and reached out to him with what I wanted, sent him a picture and it was on.

Granted up till now all I have used for CCW have been cheap flebay or ones I found used for sale and they still were the lower end custom ones. I just couldn't justify $$$ some of the guys wanted for a used one or even a new one.

Keith delivered exactly what I was looking for and in about a week. This holster distributes the weight of the pistol perfectly and keeps it tucked close to my side. It doesn't feel like a weight hanging on my belt!! I will keep this updated as time goes by. I now consider Keith a new found frien
The below picture is one Keith sent me I will get some more loaded today 10430.jpeg

John Cooper

I am looking for the hammer?

Nice holster.
I believe that is his dummy gun for fit and finish work. I have been down today and really didn't get anymore pics taken, hopefully tomorrow. I did wear it all day today around the house and it sure make it easy to carry the commander.

John Cooper

Been wearing the holster all day long today, went shopping, drove around, sat around the house. I am here to tell y'all this thing is comfortable as can be!!!!!

Thanks again Keith!!!!

Stay tuned for more to come!!

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Looks very nice !!!

Comfort is assured with that design.

Capt Quirk

As I said, I kinda liked the design, and made a second one in brown. I had put it in the gun shop for sale, but after hearing all these wonderful things, I might have a new holster...IMG_20190806_140659070.jpg

John Cooper

Ok been real busy and haven't taken any more pictures. But I have worn my holster the last 2 days all day, all I can say is thanks Keith for the awesome work!!!! It seems to wear so easy, I swear I can forget I have it on.

Guys if you are looking for an IWB holster give Keith a call!!!

John Cooper

Ok I have worn this holster almost daily ( maybe missed 3) for close to a month, I carry a 1911 .45 commander which ain't no fly weight pistols. For the money this is the best IWB holster I have ever owned. Now when I go into town I have to remember I have it own so I don't carry where prohibited! Just last week I wore my side arm into the office, no one but me knew it was there but I got out in a hurry and put it in the truck.

Keith is a great guy and builds a mighty fine rig!!!!!

Reactions: Dub