Snipex Alligator sniper rifle

Bonaire-Dave

check out Ukraine sniper rifle on Wikipedia. it's 6ft 5inches and was used to kill Russian at 1.7 miles away. made in Ukraine.

bighonkinjeep

And then there are these.... Thanks to the 2nd amendment they have been available to US citizens for many years now. Of course some are NFA but still send in your form 4 and your cash and "Voila"

Last edited:

bighonkinjeep

That soldier must have been aiming at the binoculars around his neck. Using an "Anti Material" rifle against a human is specifically forbiden per the Geneva convention and may be considered a "war crime".
Collateral damage from taking out a set of "enemy binoculars" however may turn the tide of a battle....

Last edited:

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
That soldier must have been aiming at the binoculars around his neck. Using an "Anti Material" rifle against a human is specifically forbiden per the Geneva convention and may be considered a "war crime".
Collateral damage from taking out a set of "enemy binoculars" however may turn the tide of a battle....
Hague Convention
This is a persistent myth. Yes, only the Hague Convention deals with the weapons of war, but it contains no restriction on the use of "anti-material rifles", 50 BMG, 14.5mm, 20mm, 23mm, or any other large caliber. Some NCO's may even propagate this myth, but non of them can show you the source, and there are plenty of well-qualified detractors.

lampern

Actually the Hauge Convention does restrict what ammo can be used against personnel but does not restrict caliber or weapon.

We did not sign that but the US follows it except for lead buckshot, which the Germans complained about in WW I.

I do not believe the US military uses lead buckshot anymore anyway

RamblinWreck88

Indeed, I just addressed caliber since that was the topic at hand.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Actually the Hauge Convention does restrict what ammo can be used against personnel but does not restrict caliber or weapon.

We did not sign that but the US follows it except for lead buckshot, which the Germans complained about in WW I.

I do not believe the US military uses lead buckshot anymore anyway

I don`t know if they do now or not, but they did during the Viet Nam war. That was what a friend of mine preferred to use, dime end buckshot.

bighonkinjeep

This is a persistent myth. Yes, only the Hague Convention deals with the weapons of war, but it contains no restriction on the use of "anti-material rifles", 50 BMG, 14.5mm, 20mm, 23mm, or any other large caliber. Some NCO's may even propagate this myth, but non of them can show you the source, and there are plenty of well-qualified detractors.
I stand corrected and armed with a little more knowledge. On the flip side, it added some attention and a little life to this thread

RamblinWreck88

I stand corrected and armed with a little more knowledge. On the flip side, it added some attention and a little life to this thread
I believed it for the longest time as well; I just hadn't really questioned it... But I thought about how every military practically brags about their long shots with those rifles, and that didn't quite add up.

lampern

I don`t know if they do now or not, but they did during the Viet Nam war. That was what a friend of mine preferred to use, dime end buckshot.

I read somewhere the US is not going to use shotguns as offensive weapons anymore and just less lethal and door breaching

9 pellet buckshot used to be a military standard load and I still see Winchester selling it?

Okay can't find the Winchester military shot in stock anywhere so maybe they aren't making it anymore

Last edited:

Latest posts