Southern Baptist question

Madman

No... again you are not correct.

you are talking about 3:21

and the key word you are over looking is SYMBOLIZES. Not that baptism saves you, but it is a symbol of what saves you.
Sorry for the typo. Thank you for the correction.

Madman

you do your faith... I'll do mine.
I’m ok with that. I’ll take 2000+ years of belief, worked out by the giants of the faith, in-depth study and prayer of Holy Scripture, the ancient writings, and the teachings of the Church.

Sure, sounds good to me.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I’m ok with that. I’ll take 2000+ years of belief, worked out by the giants of the faith, in-depth study and prayer of Holy Scripture, the ancient writings, and the teachings of the Church.

Sure, sounds good to me.

I'll take freedom in grace, and working out my own salvation with fear and trembling, and Christ being sufficient for all my needs.

Sound great to me

Madman

I'll take freedom in grace, and working out my own salvation with fear and trembling, and Christ being sufficient for all my needs.

Sound great to me
Are we saved by grace or do we have to work out or salvation?

Artfuldodger

Those flood waters were like baptism that now saves you. But baptism is more than just washing your body. It means turning to God with a clear conscience, because Jesus Christ was raised from death.

Artfuldodger

Israel

BANNED
Think beyond the physical of why He didn’t. But to the point, baptism is under the new covenant that involves death, burial and resurrection through Jesus so it don’t affect the Thief nor Moses, etc.
Huh?

Israel

BANNED
But, he didn't.
Yes!

Precisely, He didn't.

With a word He could have been relieved of all of it, with a word He could have established who He is in the sight of all who derided Him...with a word He could have gone to His Father apart from through the cross.

Who could accuse Him? Who could say "You didn't do as you ought"? Or even..."You didn't do as you said you would"?

And precisely in all to the point He told us of this. Why does Jesus say what He says?
Even if it is (each man has his view) that He knows a thing...why does He say certain of them in the manner He does?

And why of what He does say...does He say it so? He could have said..."I can get out of this and put a stop to it"...or even "With a word I can end this charade of men believing they know what righteousness is".

But He said it as He did. And He said it knowing His Father was as prepared to send more than 12 Legions of angels if asked by Him as He knew anything. Who knows God as this? None could accuse Him of falling short, or sin, or even duplicity...His having made it clear..."this is already cleared with the Father if I care to have it so".

So, surely the Father holds no accusation against the Son were it asked for He Himself would participate with Him in it, and for Him...the Son. Who knows God as this man? A man with no debt before His God?

Oh, the folly of man to speak of his own free will.

Let men babel on as God allows.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Most believers? I think you are mistaken. Protestants are in the minority.
Maybe in the world at large, but in my personal life, here in the southern US, I've only met a handful of Catholics in my over half-century of life, and most of those were Mexicans. I don't think there's a non-protestant church in my county.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
It was mentioned that it would have been hard for Jesus to unnail Himself from the cross……..

My comment was just a general statement meaning anything we might see as physical restrictions were not the reasons He didn’t “unnail Himself”

Israel

BANNED
It is very foolish to count on a comparison of numbers as any indicator of truth.

Last edited: