Sports Authority and hunting stuff

fredw

Retired Moderator
Went to the "grand re-opening" of the Sports Authority store in Kennesaw this morning. Walked around the store looking for hunting gear and didn't find any. Talked with one of the sales associates and was told that Sports Authority no longer carried hunting equipment.

I had heard that they were not going to be selling guns but had no idea that they weren't selling any hunting stuff. Decided to find a manager. Talked with the store manager and was told that a decision was made by "corporate" to eliminate sales of hunting equipment. When asked if this policy applied to all Sports Authority stores, he told that only three stores in the Atlanta area would be carrying hunting equipment (one was the Alpharetta store....never heard of the other two).

I assured the store manager that folks in the area were fortunate since we had Dick's across the street to do our shopping at.

Sports Authority has joined Target as the two stores that won't be seeing any business from me.

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
Sports Authority has always been a rinky dink outfit perhaps because I think originally , they were owned by K-Mart.Wouldn`t surprise me if we didn`t see much more of them.
hoot

jason308

Never have found too much at Sports Authority worth buying, they have one in the Augusta area. The only times I would come out of there satisfied with the outdoor department was when they had a clearance sale and I made it on the first day of it. I like to deal with the little man myself. :flag:

gabuckeye

The only time I actually buy anything in their store is when they have a big reduced sale. If you watch you can get some great deals on fishing equipment and some hunting equipment.