Stablizer

Bones

How important is the stabilizer? I have a Reflex Excursion with a stabilizer on it. When holding the bow at arms length the bow tilts back towards me. I read that the bow needs to be neutral or tilting forward. I also read that this will affect your grouping and accuracy is this true? How do you get the correct stablizer? Any recommendations? The more I read the more I realize how much I have yet to learn about shooting a bow

Bones

reylamb

If the top of your bow is coming towards you on the draw, your tiller adjustment is off. Try adding a turn on the lower limb, or taking a turn out of the upper limb. If it is just sitting in your hand and leaning back, it could be a number of things, physical bow weight, location of the grip in relation to the center mass of the bow, riser geometry, etc.

The only way i have found to find the stabilizer that best fits you is to actually go to a shop that will allow you to put a few on just to test prior to buying.

On my hunting bow I have a 7" doinker with a Simms enhancer behind it. I prefer a fairly heavy stabilizer, while some can't stand the additional weight.

Best advice, try a coupld and see what works best for you.