State park hunt

Toliver

Does anyone know when you can start booking a campsite for state park hunts?
You should receive a letter and then you call the park directly to reserve a spot. You can't do it through the normal Georgia Parks reservation site. If you look at the park, you'll see the hunt dates are blocked out so they are not available for reservations.

Toliver

I have already called and booked mine at HLC. The number is in the regulation book. You don't have to wait on the info packet.
Well that's good to know. The person at Chattahoochee Bend said I had to wait on the letter. I called the minute my account said I'd been drawn.

Toliver

Just got off the phone with Chattahoochee Bend. They got the list of who was drawn on Thursday so they can now make reservations. And she said they are trying something new in regards to the mandatory meeting. Some folks can't make it so they have a meeting coming up to decide how to do it differently to make sure everyone gets the info they need. It will be in the letter once they send it out.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Just got off the phone with Chattahoochee Bend. They got the list of who was drawn on Thursday so they can now make reservations. And she said they are trying something new in regards to the mandatory meeting. Some folks can't make it so they have a meeting coming up to decide how to do it differently to make sure everyone gets the info they need. It will be in the letter once they send it out.
I’m one of those , I’d have to take an extra day off work which I could do but I’d rather save the day .
It says in the reg book that we must attend a pre hunt meeting, check in at park office or check station . One of the 3

Toliver

I’m one of those , I’d have to take an extra day off work which I could do but I’d rather save the day .
It says in the reg book that we must attend a pre hunt meeting, check in at park office or check station . One of the 3
Do you happen to already know where the nearest cooler is?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I sure don’t , I do all mine . There is one place in Lagrange that a lot of people use . @Dustin Pate can probably help you with that , he lives in the area .

Dupree

“We want you bucks” processing is on the north end of Newnan. Probably the closest.

I used them once last year. Everything is vacuum packed and was clean. The burger is ground very very fine though.

Toliver

Thanks. Hopefully I'll actually get to kill something and have a need for a hanging cooler. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person to ever hunt Hard Labor Creek and not even see a deer. We'll see if I have better luck at CB.

Toliver

Toliver

Richard B Russell
All they have to do is look at the list to verify you got drawn and then make your reservation with their computer. If you're a friends of state parks member, they can't apply free nights if you have any. But it's a very simple thing they should be able to handle. I think the blacked out dates for the hunt include the day before the hunt starts. I got reservations for the day before and the day after so I can get a blind set up the evening before and not have to leave until the next morning.