Still pregnant 8/21

Jim Boyd

Gotta hope that one (or ones) hit the ground and get their feet under them before the cold front really start rolling in.

Good luck.

PappyHoel

I have newborns as of August 19th. Maybe a week old which would put them born the 12th. I may have one prego on cam or she's just fat.

The encouraging thing is I think we may have replenished last years kill plus. I have 3 different sets of twins on cam in one area. We took 8 deer last year on 1800 acres.(reported kills)

N

NantucketShedHunter

Will a deer born this late survive the winter?

XJfire75

Yeah, should be fine long as we don't have an extremely early cold snap. I'd assume they'd be fine in mid to South Georgia at least.

Permitchaser

In my neighborhood we have herds of deer. Last month a doe left a fawn on my back porch curled up then came back later and retrieved it. Now we just saw another baby just born. So when was that doe breed

I have newborns as of August 19th

200 days in reverse from August 19 is mid Feb.

That's real late for around here.

That being said, I have picked up dead fawns out of the road in Bibb county in August that could not have been more than a few days old. But it has been a rare event.

s&r

RockyMountainBasser

200 days in reverse from August 19 is mid Feb.

That's real late for around here.

That being said, I have picked up dead fawns out of the road in Bibb county in August that could not have been more than a few days old. But it has been a rare event.

s&r

Where I hunt, our fawns still have spots (and have done this for several years now) around the week of muzzleloader season. It's crazy, but our bucks don't rut that early like normal places. Must be something in the water. ::ke:

still have spots

All yearlings around here still have spots but that is no indicator of age/ birth date.

Yearlings will have spots until winter coat starts to appear. I have several yearlings on cam right now all have spots and a few look to be about 60 lbs or better.

s&r