Suggestions please???

I bought the sage at 40# with a sas fast flight string, I bought some cheaper arrows to start with until I get my form down, then I will get some better ones. The gold tip traditional arrows any good?

RPM

Don't know where you live but you should go hang out at one of the shoots that are held each month. I think the north GA shoot is the 1st Sunday of the month and SGTP (South Georgia Traditional Archery & Primitive Skills Club) shoot the 2nd Saturday of the month. Both have good folks. I don't think they enjoy anything more than helping folks learn to enjoy the sport as much as they do. SGTP well be on the 14th. Well worth the ride. There are good folk there, good food, someone is always teaching one skill or another, a chance to shoot their course, checkout other setups, and have an over all great time.
Good Luck!
PS If you haven't gotten completely setup by then, I'm sure someone well loan you one. If you have, they can help you dial it in.

Geno67

I have and hunted with a damon howatt for years. Then I broke my neck and tore my rotator cuff at the same time. I made it ten years afterwards but I'm a crossbow hunter now.

The samick sage is a great bow for the money.

Last edited:
Don't know where you live but you should go hang out at one of the shoots that are held each month. I think the north GA shoot is the 1st Sunday of the month and SGTP (South Georgia Traditional Archery & Primitive Skills Club) shoot the 2nd Saturday of the month. Both have good folks. I don't think they enjoy anything more than helping folks learn to enjoy the sport as much as they do. SGTP well be on the 14th. Well worth the ride. There are good folk there, good food, someone is always teaching one skill or another, a chance to shoot their course, checkout other setups, and have an over all great time.
Good Luck!
PS If you haven't gotten completely setup by then, I'm sure someone well loan you one. If you have, they can help you dial it in.
I will definitely look in to that, where is the shoot on the 14th?

splatek

UAEC
I will weight in n the samick sage -
Great bow for the money
It's a take down and highly adjustable. I have a right handed model for my nine year old at 35#, probably less given his draw length is shorter, and a left handed model at 50 for me, but I also have 30, 40, and 45# limbs. I think both bows, and all those limbs over the last year cost me $400 and gives me and my son the versatility to shoot for fun in the yard, at 3D events like the one this weekend and next, and also hunt with the right arrow setup.
With practice, the bow shoots reasonably well/accurate. And at that price point a few dings, knicks, and even a full break, would not be heart breaking.
Now that I decided to go lefty like how I do everything else, I just can't bring myself to buy a lefty compound so I guess I am trad this year too.

oldguy

I will definitely look in to that, where is the shoot on the 14th?
Turn on 240 toward Tazwell off of Highway 19 just North of Ellaville. Go slow. 'Bout a mile or so look for a big arrowhead shaped sign on the right with a lane marked Poole Road. Turn right. Follow road past big house on the left and turn in at the next drive to the right. You'll be there! Don't be shy just start visiting - ask for Donny (Poole). BOOM just like that you'll feel at home and be welcome. There's a 3-D course across the road. You can shoot it by yourself or just jump in with a group and go. Freidliest bunch of fellars you'll ever be around. There's lunch too.

splatek

UAEC
There is also a shoot this sunday in Gainesville. About the same people as the TBG group, ± a few here and there.
Great bunch, very friendly.