Suppressor issues

Offroadtek

Yep, all subsonic.
I think the lack of damage to the end cap is why I didn’t resolve it sooner.
For sure. That's so unexpected. It's a good data point to remember that fast bullets burn through metal. Slow ones apparently are more susceptible to losing their jackets.
Are you still sending it back or just getting a new cap?

bullgator

For sure. That's so unexpected. It's a good data point to remember that fast bullets burn through metal. Slow ones apparently are more susceptible to losing their jackets.
Are you still sending it back or just getting a new cap?
Sent it off yesterday for a thorough inspection and core replacement if necessary. I’ll order a new cap as well.

Jester896

Senior Clown
sounds like they need to supply you with a new one...sounds like from your post you are going to buy it from their site...to me anyway

Stevie Ray

sounds like they need to supply you with a new one...sounds like from your post you are going to buy it from their site...to me anyway

That's the drift I was getting also Jester. Yep, SilcenrCo owes you a new endcap and I'd push for an additional free accessory also because this could've been really bad.

bullgator

I saved a few bucks ordering it and another 9mm ASR mount from MidwayUSA with free shipping. The crazy thing is the .22 end cap went with it and will get inspected as well, but I believe it’s just fine and I can use it when I finally decide to try it on an AR.

bullgator

That's the drift I was getting also Jester. Yep, SilcenrCo owes you a new endcap and I'd push for an additional free accessory also because this could've been really bad.
If I still had the packaging to prove it that might be an option. For now I’m happy with the rep is personally handling this and pushing for an expedited turnaround.

Offroadtek