"Crab Claw" done messed up

Duff

Congratulations! He had a purdy crabby morning though :cool:. It's been fun watching you develop and hunt your new property. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.
Sure has. Congratulations Dutch!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Wooohooo! The crab claw got Pinched! Congratulations Dutch! That flyover is cool too! When I see flyovers from our military, I like to look up and say “God bless America!”
it Sounds like a perfect day all around! :cheers:

bany

What a hunt, congrats!

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Dutch, I have been following your journey with CBF and I can only hope that when I finally decide on my final resting place (that is what my wife and I call it :bounce:) that I end up as happy and successful as you have been.

Congrats on a fine buck. Nothing better than playing cat and mouse with one and coming out the other side victorious.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
So this buck I dubbed "crab claw" was one of 2 bucks at CBF I was hunting this season. I have been getting pics of him all season, mostly night but occasionally daytime.
So anyhoo, last night him and "tall boy" were harassing does all night on camera, so I figured this morning was going to be a good one.
So I get into the stand at 545am and the wind was starting to kick up, lucky for me it was blowing into my face and away from the area I expected to see deer. Sun comes up and around 7am a doe comes out and was acting all nervous, looking back the way she come. About that time an Apache flys over slowly at tree top level (my property being near Ft. Rucker, the helo pilots train low level flying along the creek/swamp on the backside of my place)
View attachment 1283862

So naturally spooks the doe, well 5 minutes later she comes back down by the big oak at the end of the road...still keeps looking over behind her, a few minutes later I see antlers through the grass, pick up my rifle and see its crab claw, he gets clear of the grass/brush with his neck extended smelling the doe. Tuck the crosshairs tight behind his shoulder (no fancy shots this morning, going for the double lung guarantee) pull the trigger, he mule kicks and takes to the brush.
I knew that I had hit'em good, so I get down and go look...found bright pink frothy blood where he was standing. Blood trailed him standing up, one of the best blood trails I have ever had (Norma Whitetail 30-06 150gr is some good stuff). So he ran about 40 yds curling back to the road to pile up 10 yds from said road.
It was a great morning and a quick hunt in South Alabama at Cull Buck Farm.
View attachment 1283867
View attachment 1283868
View attachment 1283869
View attachment 1283870

Congrats again Dutch! Fine, fine buck with a great story and photos. Doesnt get much better

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Heck yeah! Way to get er done Dutch! :cheers:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Buying CBF was one smart move Dutch. You're in clover! Outstanding buck too. :rockon: