Team #10 "Meleagris Gallopavo"

JoPa

I hope to get at least one more weekend hunt in before season ends. My son's shoulder is healing and he has been going to PT like he should, getting a little better each day. I think I can get a hall pass soon. Good luck to everyone and let's just try to keep on yelping.

GAMHUNTER35

well my bird been moving round went sat an didnt hear him walk bac to the truck an as i was leaving he was across the road in the pecan grove with 2 hens parked futher down the rd an came bac an tried to call him bac but the hens took him away didnt hear or see him sun an woke up to late to go to wma if the rain holds off hope to make it to wma weds

mauser64

Well it was another quiet day in the woods for me today. I hate to say it but I think I'm hanging it up for this year. Too many hundred mile round trips and hundred dollar fill ups in the books this year with nothing to show. Maybe if I whine enough to one of my buddies they will drag me to one of their close places!

GAMHUNTER35

well went to wma an heard a bird but he didnt want to play was going bac this morning but it is raining but tomorrow looking a whole lot better

GAMHUNTER35

well went to plantation yesterday morning we heard 2 birds but couldnt get close enough to them an they got with some hens an shut up waited till 10 an still nothing so we came out i run to wma an didnt hear anything while walking i nearly step on 3 different copperheads so i called it a day went to my place this morning before work to see if i could hear 1 was only 50 yds from the truck when i bumped him out of his tree having to pull a 48 so wont be bac in the woods till mon

mauser64

Watched one put on a show for two hours at about 80 yards this am. Had two hens with him tho and he wouldn't break away. Wish I could have hung around til this pm but had to get back.

GAMHUNTER35

got off work this morning so go to my hunting land was at my spot at 8;30 set up decoys behind bout 60 yds set up an called 2 times an nothing waited a few an lit up a smoke an look up an the big boy is 50 yds in front of me gun in my lap he circled round an went to decoys struted an put on a show but wouldnt come bac to me then i hear another 1 gobble way off called an he got bout 60 yds an saw the other tom an turned an left the big one finally got bored an walked off toit was 12 so i came out bebac this afternoon

GAMHUNTER35

well was on my place yesterday heard 1 gobble 1 time then nothing stayed till 10 pulled out an across the the rd in pecan grove see 2 toms an 3 hens headed to my place 1 hen flew across to my place turned round an time i got to where they were going to cross the road tom see me an runs bac in pecan grove so called it a day going bac in the am

mauser64

I bailed on the turkeys this weekend and went on a trip I won from Capt. Richie Lott over on the ga saltwater section. Give him a look if you like to fish in the salt pond. I'll get one more turkey hunt in this week. Glutton for punishment I guess.

JoPa

I had a chance to go hunt Sat and Sun. Saw 5 birds, 2 gobblers but they were out in a field and would not even look my way. End of season I guess. It was hot but they were out there sunning themselves in the afternoon.

GAMHUNTER35

yea had to work today an got to work weds but will be after them everyday i am not at work. havnt heard any gobblin lately but not giving up. only need 6 birds an we be in 1st place lol

mauser64

No luck for me again this year. Sorry I couldn't contribute Fellas. I'm on a three year skid! Enjoyed teaming up with you guys tho!!