Team # 39 --- Gobbler's Nightmare!

Arrow3

This is a thread for teammates to communicate with each other and "talk smack" :bounce:if needed. After teams are drawn on March 11th, all team members are required to make at least one post on this thread with a picture uploaded from a camera...Doesn't matter what you take a pic of as long as it adheres to the forum rules and is in good taste....Good luck in the contest. I will open the thread up for posting as soon as the teams are known...You will have till 11:59pm on March 17th to post a picture on this thread or you will be replaced in the contest...Period!

Handgunner

I'm ready!

Attachments

• 870.jpg
    870.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 179

Omega

Let's do this!

100_2030.jpg

weathermantrey

Anybody have any luck this weekend? I took my girlfriend with me but we never got one close enough to shoot. I won't be going this weekend... but the season opens up in SC on tuesday morning and i'll be going 5 or 6 times a week after that...

Handgunner

Anybody have any luck this weekend? I took my girlfriend with me but we never got one close enough to shoot. I won't be going this weekend... but the season opens up in SC on tuesday morning and i'll be going 5 or 6 times a week after that...
Nothing down here... Heard a ton of gobbling saturday morning with one longbeard being seen at 75+ yards...

Nothing on the ground yet though! But there's still plenty of season left!

Omega

Been working on it. My best opportunity was actually the Tuesday before the GA season opened. By the looks of his beard he "should" have had some serious hooks on him.

Hit my buddy's lease in GA on Sat/Sun and heard a bunch of birds. Most are henned up pretty good right now. Soon, though...the killin' will commence :shoot:

Handgunner

We're on the board!!! Post soon to follow!

18lbs - 9.875" beard - .75" spurs! Pictures and story soon.

Scored for challenge - 17.375

weathermantrey

Way to go!!!

I'll be getting back after them on Monday morning. I'll be calling for my girlfriend though, but I'll have the whole rest of the week out there to myself.
I went and just listened this morning since the season doesn't open up here until April 1st and I found 2 gobblers roosted out on a point that are just begging to get shot next week!

weathermantrey

I blew it this morning fella's.

I had one come in, but i was setup in a fairly thick area, and the turkey wasn't gobbling very much so I was unsure where he was gonna pop up at.

Next thing I know, he standing about 12 yards away directly to my right. I tried to swing and shoot but I missed him as went running off:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

Omega

Don't feel bad. I've been striking out every weekend thus far. Got beat to a spot on my buddies lease and they've been henned up. Where I was at this past weekend I didn't hear much gobbling with that front moving through. :banginghe I tried setting up where I knew a gobbler was coming, daily, and he did not show...go figure

Handgunner

Hate to hear that y'all, but that's "hunting"... Still plenty of time for us to win this! :bounce:

weathermantrey

I got on 5 different gobblers this morning up until 11:00 am and have nothing to show for it:banginghe:

Luck has not been on my side this year. Every time I get up and move, another gobbler will sound off right where I was previously sitting:banginghe

Handgunner

Sit longer! :rofl: :rofl:

There's still plenty of time.... I've not had much luck either!!!! :banginghe

Omega

Sit longer! :rofl: :rofl:

There's still plenty of time.... I've not had much luck either!!!! :banginghe

I've been splitting my time trying to help some of our competition get his first spring bird but it hasn't worked out so well :banginghe

Got setup about 80 yards from one and he was gobbling on the roost. Hit the dirt, shut up and disappeared.

Got 3 days I can hunt left in FL and then May 15th in GA. Dang birds about to drive me crazy :banginghe

Handgunner

I've been splitting my time trying to help some of our competition get his first spring bird but it hasn't worked out so well :banginghe

Got setup about 80 yards from one and he was gobbling on the roost. Hit the dirt, shut up and disappeared.

Got 3 days I can hunt left in FL and then May 15th in GA. Dang birds about to drive me crazy :banginghe
Me too! :bounce:

I can't seem to buy a gobble these last few days! Let alone SEE one! :bounce:

weathermantrey

I located one this evening. He gobbled twice right before dark. I have a good feeling I know where he's gonna be headed in the morning so hopefully i'll get a crack at him:shoot:

Handgunner

I located one this evening. He gobbled twice right before dark. I have a good feeling I know where he's gonna be headed in the morning so hopefully i'll get a crack at him:shoot:
Good luck to ya, I'm heading out in a few myself!

weathermantrey

I got him this morning!!! 1 1/8 spurs 10 1/2 inch beard:cool: Story to come later, i'm at work right now.

Attachments

• DSC01196.JPG
    DSC01196.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited: