Team #59

Gadget

What in gods creation is that???:rofl: Man them turkey gonna be running for the hills when they see that thing....:bounce:

tbgator

Banned
What in gods creation is that???:rofl: Man them turkey gonna be running for the hills when they see that thing....:bounce:

That my friend is one mean,lean killin machine. :bounce: You're right, the little uns run for the hills but the big boys will try him.:cool:

Gadget

That my friend is one mean,lean killin machine. :bounce: You're right, the little uns run for the hills but the big boys will try him.:cool:

I hear ya..............good luck with that...:bounce:

tbgator

Banned
Good luck this weekend Tim and Matt. I'm going after Tomzilla opening day, Creek Monster after that. Let me know how it goes:cool:

tbgator

Banned
Alright guys we're taking scalps this weekend. This is what I call scalpin one.:bounce:

Attachments

• file019.jpg
    file019.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 136

GaDeerSlayer

That's some good looking scalps right there! Good luck with Tomzilla and Creek, hopefully you'll get em both this weekend and put Team #59 at the top of the list. :shoot: I'll be in touch with you sometime this weekend to keep you posted!

dobenator

Allright fellas,
I decided to go down to Jenkins co with my buddy to the new land he bought(650acres) He has been seeing wads of birds and one spot in particular where they have been strutting in the road so hopefully we can put a couple down.Good Luck and I will check in Sat. night
Tim

Went and shot the gobble silencer this afternoon and we are ready!!!

Last edited:

GaDeerSlayer

Allright fellas,
I decided to go down to Jenkins co with my buddy to the new land he bought(650acres) He has been seeing wads of birds and one spot in particular where they have been strutting in the road so hopefully we can put a couple down.Good Luck and I will check in Sat. night
Tim

Went and shot the gobble silencer this afternoon and we are ready!!!

Ten-4 on that Tim... Good luck to ya buddy!

dobenator

Hey guys,
No bird today. I went to Jenkins county and got to the spot we wanted to listen at about 6:30. We waited til the sun was cracking the sky and I started with a few owl hoots and as usual got no response.Right at 7 I blew it again and the woods went crazy!! I have never heard so many gobbles in one place in my life!!!!! My buddy who owns the land said he was worried that there might not be any birds on it but there is no doubt now.The birds were roosted in the swamp off of the Ogeechee river and we didnt want to wade in and have to sit in the water so we set up on the edge of a big unplanted food plot. These birds must have gobbled 100 times and it sounded like it must have been 15 to 20 birds, they were all over the swamp. I guessed there were any where from 75 to 150 yds throughout the swamp. Any way, the closest ones answered my calls just like they were supposed to but eventually shut up. It was quiet for a while then we heard a racket from the swamp and a big ole red head come flying out into the field, followed by three of his buddies!! We had 2 dekes out and they seemed to make the birds nervous. They never got closer than 50 yds and eventually moved off. A few hens came out soon after and ran to catch the gobblers, just like they were supposed to!!
Well we didnt get a shot but had a great time!! Now that we know a little more about the land maybe next time we can make a connection!!
Sorry this is so long.
Talk to you guys later,
Tim

tbgator

Banned
Had one at 20 yds opening morning and busted the set-up with my ole bulky crossbow.He flew up in a tree about 30 yds out and looked down at me for 15 minutes trying to figure out why I sounded like a hen.Had him the crosshairs but didn't wanna take him like that. I'll get him later.

dobenator

Try em without the dekes,sounds like you oughta connect soon.:cool:

I was torn about using the dekes. I left mine in the truck so I wouldnt be tempted to use them but my buddy had his in his pack. He talked me into setting them out, looking back I think it was a mistake!!!!!
Dont want to ever use one again!!!! I cant wait to get back down there again. Might try to get off one day this week and go, its an hour ride from my house so it is an all day hunt. Cant go Sat, I am a judge in our annual Cooking for Kids Wild game cooking contest at 11. I will hunt closer to home in the morning cause I aint missing a Sat in the woods.
Good luck guys.
Tim

tbgator

Banned
Broke the Ice Today

Took a decent 2 yr old this morning to break the ice. I think he was the offspring of the bird in my avatar on the log. :bounce:

Attachments

• DSCF0716.jpg
    DSCF0716.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF0718.jpg
    DSCF0718.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCF0720.jpg
    DSCF0720.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 106

tbgator

Banned
Found a challenge caliber bird for the team today. Hope to take him soon. I'd say I got him timed:bounce:

Attachments

• MDGC0110.jpg
    MDGC0110.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 141
  • MDGC0111.jpg
    MDGC0111.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 103
  • MDGC0120.jpg
    MDGC0120.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 105
  • MDGC0121.jpg
    MDGC0121.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 116
  • MDGC0175.jpg
    MDGC0175.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 112

hawglips

Banned
Found a challenge caliber bird for the team today. Hope to take him soon. I'd say I got him timed:bounce:

Is it legal to bait them like that?