The Alligator and the Hog

Davexx1

My wife thought so too. Maybe it was hide or hair in his mouth. I have been watching the cameras hoping to see the sow, but haven't seen her.

Davexx1

Its a 25' coral style hog/gator trap, home built guillotine gate, with cellular wireless control unit. The swamp and trap have been flooded for over a month. The high water made it possible for the gator to swim all the way to the trap. Usually it is fairly dry or just a little muddy there.

The gator did not move from that spot for over 10 hours after a swing and a miss on the hog.

Attachments

• Mudhole.4.JPG
    Mudhole.4.JPG
    366.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Mudhole.5.JPG
    Mudhole.5.JPG
    346.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Chris 195 7/8 B&C

Cool thread And pics, thanks for sharing.
i can’t believe He didn’t snatch up one of them coons. Of course knowing how dang mean coons can be maybe He’s just using them as decoys.

Davexx1

When I used a magnifying glass and looked closely at the third picture, the alligator definitely has something in his mouth. It is kind of round, dark colored (bloody stump?) and there was some light colored material (hogs hide?) hanging in and around his mouth. Could this be a leg that he caught and ripped/rung off of the hog via a death roll? Could be, but in the second picture there was nothing in the gator's mouth. I don't know.

I have not seen the hog on any of the cameras in that tract nor have I seen any buzzards. May never know what actually happened. If I see any evidence, I will update the thread.

Latest posts