The family can't take it......

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The BudLite embarrassment that is.

The heir to Anheuser-Busch says his family will buy back Bud Light from its parent company, if they are looking to offload the brand following months of falling sales.

Billy Busch, whose family sold Anheuser-Busch to InBev in 2008, said he would be 'first in line' to buy back Bud Light and 'make that brand great again.'

Busch pitched the deal on an episode of conservative pundit Tomi Lahren's show 'Fearless.'

The offer comes nearly five months after Anheuser-Busch's disastrous partnership with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney, which led to a massive boycott and a $27billion decrease in the company's market cap.

In 2008, the Busch family sold the company to InBev - a Belgian company - for a staggering $52billion.

tr21

That would actually be a smart move on the family's part ! sold it for top dollar, buy it back deeply discounted and tell the public it wasn't them and apologize for the previous owners and rebuild it . smart move !

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
That would actually be a smart move on the family's part ! sold it for top dollar, buy it back deeply discounted and tell the public it wasn't them and apologize for the previous owners and rebuild it . smart move !
That was my thought as well. Buy it cheap, rebuild the brand and make a killing.

2dye4

I was in Athens this week and saw where they are starting to sell 36 packs as a selling price point. Looked like the plan wasn’t working because beer cave was full of it.

• Love
Reactions: Dub

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
You ever tried to put the tooth paste back in the tube ? ::ke:
Some companies have figured it out. Apple and Best Buy about tanked and had bad reputations for a while.

Reactions: Dub

bullgator

I think a lot of the market would gladly buy BL again if they thought they learned their lesson and admitted their mistake. If boycotters think they were effective they should take the win and teach the rest of corporate America a lesson.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
First my tongue turned blue...
Then my hair turned pink...
Then I got some funny pronouns...
Aarrrgh!... save me!

kingfish

From a business standpoint, why would a company try and cater to a group that represents less than one percent of the population ? Based on national statistics, 40% of those people will end up taking their own life within the next 5 years. Still scratching my head on this one.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
If he is able to buy it back, I would seriously look at some stock. It would make a jump like crazy just on the thought that the brand might be rebuilt.

tr21

If he is able to buy it back, I would seriously look at some stock. It would make a jump like crazy just on the thought that the brand might be rebuilt.
honestly the trouble there would be is if he buys it and takes it public everyone will see it the same and it would go crazy on the IPO !

Baroque Brass

Wonder if he’ll improve the taste of it? The stuff has always been nasty to me.