The Trip Frog Hollow

WinMag.300

Well I must say that this is the most amazing place. We fished today and had a blast. My wifes first fly fishing experience and our Guide Alex had her casting in 15 minutes.:cheers: Quick learner I must add, and within three casts she had her first fish a nice rainbow caught stripping a wooly bugger. Well around six fish after that I finally caught one in a nice run...:yeah: We slowly moved up into a waterfall area that had some deep runs and switched to a bugger with a dropper, and then to a yellow stone with a dropper. Well the big fish definitely came out to play and I landed two really nice fish that went 23 inches and one that was a lil better I believe it went closer to 24-25 inches and boy did they have some girth. We also caught several 14-15 inch fish in this area also. We moved up above the falls with me fishing above a set of shoals and my wife fishing below the shoals. I ended up catching several more 14-15 inch fish with an occasional 16 incher and my wife also did about the same. We were using a yellow stone with a red copper john 18 as the dropper. Well I ended up getting a nice "real nice" bow to hit the dropper on three seperate drifts and all three times outsmarting me and getting off. My wife ended up with the largest fish of the day by far that ran her clear down river and back up again and one final "river runs through it" run. This fishes back came surging through the shallows a good 3 inches above the water mark in an area that was around 6-7 inches deep so definitely a very nice fish. A good time was had by all and I definitely have to recomend this as the stuff that dreams are made of.:flag:

Last edited:

WinMag.300

for some reason I can not upload photos but be warned fish pics to come!!!!

Attachments

• SDC10626.jpg
    SDC10626.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 426
  • SDC10624.jpg
    SDC10624.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 428
  • SDC10620.jpg
    SDC10620.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 425
  • SDC10619.jpg
    SDC10619.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 421
  • SDC10615.jpg
    SDC10615.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good going. My wife has started fishing a little with me. It was easier when we didn't have 3 kids but now the littlest one is getting big enough to stay with the grandparents too.

JasonF

Sounds like a great time!!

WinMag.300

Alex Lundsford

Great guide, great all around guy to just fish with. Exceptionally knowledgeable and down to earth and give real world advice and lessons that are easily used in real scenarios. He taught my wife a lot, and was blast to have around.:yeah: