Thomas/ Grady county

Tailfeather

You fellows seeing or hearing any birds? Got a fair number on one tract, but my go to property is pretty slim for the second year in a row.

Mako22

BANNED
Not that I disagree with you but I personally saw rutting activity among the bigger bucks on the places I hunt all the way from the second week of November up until the week of Christmas which was the last time I went. I think from your posts you don't live up here so obviously your time in the woods is limited, which is unfortunate because the rutting activity I saw was sporadic to say the least and in all kinds of weather. You really can't pinpoint it to a 5-7 day span, it's a matter of simply being in the right place at the right time. It really was like turning a light switch off and on. The more you are able to go, the better your chances of experiencing the rut.

All that said, I think the extreme SW part of the state is getting screwed over with the way the season is now. I don't necessarily think Grady falls into that category though.

Joe does not live up here but he hunts a lot up here and usually stays 7-8 days per trip with much of that time in the woods. He has about 16 years on his current club so I expect he knows when the rut is. Also he usually kills a big one every year during the rut. When I'm 80+ years old I hope I'm going after em like Joe still is.

southGAlefty

You fellows seeing or hearing any birds? Got a fair number on one tract, but my go to property is pretty slim for the second year in a row.

I haven't seen or heard any birds yet but the sign is there. The farmer planted our place in corn Saturday. I'm looking forward to it though for sure.

southGAlefty

Joe does not live up here but he hunts a lot up here and usually stays 7-8 days per trip with much of that time in the woods. He has about 16 years on his current club so I expect he knows when the rut is. Also he usually kills a big one every year during the rut. When I'm 80+ years old I hope I'm going after em like Joe still is.

Hope I didn't come off as being condescending. I was just reporting what I saw and have seen growing up and hunting here for the last 20+ years. I've killed my fair share of big bucks too, all in Grady Co. I was trying to offer my experience as a way to help. Sorry if it came off any other way.

Mako22

BANNED
Hope I didn't come off as being condescending. I was just reporting what I saw and have seen growing up and hunting here for the last 20+ years. I've killed my fair share of big bucks too, all in Grady Co. I was trying to offer my experience as a way to help. Sorry if it came off any other way.

Nah you didn't I was just trying to point out that even though he doesn't live here he does spend a lot of time in the woods on his club.