Throwback's annual baiting legalization survey

WILL BAITING BE LEGALIZED THIS LEGISLATIVE SESSION?

• YES

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • NO

Votes: 56 70.0%

• Total voters

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Will baiting be legalized this year?

T

LKS2

I'd like to see them legalize baiting. I wish bow season started later and rifle season went into January. Its just so hard to get out of the air conditioning infront of a GA game and go swat at skeeters in 90 degree heat. Now its January and no football and nothing else to really do.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Baiting is already legal in Georgia.

You just have to stay 200 yards and out of line of sight from the bait.

There is a move on now to ban bait completely. Anyone interested in joining send me a PM! i'll sign you up.

Throwy, Baiting will not become legal this year because it has been legal for quite some time. :eek:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Baiting is already legal in Georgia.

I mean 1000 percent, game warden can't touch this legal. NOT get out the tape measure legal! :rolleyes:

T

GrandSlamHunter

Jeff,

You stole my thunder! The question is "will baiting restrictions be loosened?" I would vote yes but DNR will use CWD scare tactics to prevent it. Sorry JB, JMHO. ::huh:

GSH

gadeerwoman

This year, No. Before 2008, yes. It's coming I'm afraid. Just a matter of time. With folks not seeing deer they are going to be clamoring for some way to at least see some. Like an 'unlimited doe' rule, I believe it is going to be a given in a couple years. Deer hunting as we have known it is going to be a thing of the past in a couple years.

Larry Rooks

Not this year, but it will be sooner or later. It is not a forgotten issue for sure. They want high numbers killed and the easier they make it, the more that will be killed. I also understand that the # of Does allowed will be unlimited, putting the managment back into the hands of the club/land owner

kcausey

Banned
Proud to say i never have...

...Never have, consciously anyway. But baiting might as well be legal, not because i think so, but because so many people get away with it now anyway. I'm sure all of us know or have known plenty of people who do it or have done it, whether you turned them in or not, who knows. I try my best to clean up the stragglers that apparently aren't skilled enough to kill them without bait, but i can only do so much?

JBowers

GrandSlamHunter said:
Jeff,

You stole my thunder! The question is "will baiting restrictions be loosened?" I would vote yes but DNR will use CWD scare tactics to prevent it. Sorry JB, JMHO. ::huh:

GSH
No offense. No different than the Government using terrorist attacks to usurp freedoms and the Cheney using the threat of a terrorist attack as a scare tactic for why not to vote for Kerry when there some many better reasons not too!:bounce:

JBowers

kcausey said:
...Never have, consciously anyway. But baiting might as well be legal, not because i think so, but because so many people get away with it now anyway.
If that's why, then we should repeal DUI laws, marijuana laws, etc. because more people get away with it than get caught!!!!!!!;)

leadoff

GONetwork Member
Throwback said:
Will baiting be legalized this year?

T

Throwback, you had better pray that baiting is made legal this year...if not, you are going to get arrested for starting this thread!!! ;) :bounce: :D

::ke:

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Throwback said:
I mean 1000 percent, game warden can't touch this legal. NOT get out the tape measure legal! :rolleyes:

T

They can use a GPS.