Throwback's annual baiting legalization survey

WILL BAITING BE LEGALIZED THIS LEGISLATIVE SESSION?

• YES

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • NO

Votes: 56 70.0%

• Total voters

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
JBowers said:
If that's why, then we should repeal DUI laws, marijuana laws, etc. because more people get away with it than get caught!!!!!!!;)

GaSwamp, you got to get in here.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
I vote no by the way, now and in the future.

Kdog

Man, how did I miss this? ::huh: ::huh: ::huh:

Lord I hope not! I would hate to see it!

Kdog

Tom Borck

Banned
Random Thoughts by Dr. Deer

Howard Roark said:
They can use a GPS.

Unless, they have Government Issued GPS, they are only good within 50 feet. (At least that is what I have been told, who knows the truth? Heck, they may have satellites watching me repsond to this post as I type. If they do, God have mercy on their soul, because I am sitting here wearing nothing but a :D ) :fine:

Here is the ironic part, some of you one Woodys adamantly oppose baiting, but have no problem filling your feeders slap full of corn. ::huh: If you argue that baiting deer with corn causes diseases, don't you think the providing them with corn or other feed through supplemental feeding will also spread disease? ::huh:

Heck, most deer hunters only put corn out during hunting season. That is only a few months out of the year. Let me add to that, those that hunt over corn probably only hunt a dozen times a year at the most. Those hunters who feed year around are doing by far more damage to our deer herd than the lazy hunter who is baiting! Heck, you are doing it year around, while the lazy, shiftless slob hunter only throws a few bags out during hunting season.

Can somebody also explain why I watch on TV, video, or read articles written by BIOLOGISTS touting the benefits of supplemental feeding?$$$$$$$$$ These guys are professional, they are supposed to know the pros and cons of feeding. And yet, they tell us they it is OK and will HELP the herd in the long run.$$$$$$$$ ::huh:

Why is there a big push for food plots?$$$$ Is it to help the deer population flourish? Is it done to provide them with nutrition that will help them make through our "HARSH" winters? :D

OR are they planted, so we can perch our fat lazy equine posterior high in a pine tree and pluck off a big, fat buck with a MONSTER rack ($$), so maybe we can grace the cover of GON?

This is my take and I will shut up, make baiting legal or make both supplemental feeding AND baiting ILLEGAL. NOT one or the other! ::gone:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Tom,

I agree almost 100%!

They should make both practices illegal.

We don't and more importantly, the resource (that's the deer) do not need the feed!

:clap:

Deepcreekdawg

yellow acorns

I do not think the yellow acorn law will be passed yet. As we see from this survey the hunters do not agree on whether or not it is ethical or beneficial for the wildlife. I personally think it is helpful for the wildlife (deer, turkey, quail) and also helps new hunters or children have a more exciting hunt. We can all agree that hunting is fun but seeing more game is like icing on a cake.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
They'll use a GPS, a black helicopter AND ride in on a black panther.

T

Jeff Phillips

Throwback said:
They'll use a GPS, a black helicopter AND ride in on a black panther.

T

You forgot they will be wearing their tin foil hats too :D

GeauxLSU

For those that do supplemental feeding....

Tom Borck said:
This is my take and I will shut up, make baiting legal or make both supplemental feeding AND baiting ILLEGAL. NOT one or the other!
To those of you who do supplemental feeding of corn/grains/pellets whatever, what would you if it was made illegal? Seriously.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

H

HT2

Phil......

I seriously don't know what I'd do......

I don't like the fact of huntin' over bait.......I know a lot of people feel that food plots are bait, but I don't.......

I just don't know........

I do know this though......I wouldn't be sittin' up a tree while watchin' a trough of feed waitin' to shoot a deer......That would be like shootin' fish in a barrel.......

::huh: ::huh: ::huh: ::huh: