Tm help

hipster dufus

Trying to figure out if I have an issue. MK 70# maxxum 24v. Pushes 17ft aluminum at 2.5 mph at 100%.normal?

BoosterC

How deep is the prop? Too deep and you add drag. Too shallow and the prop may suck air and cavitate losing efficiency.

Next is wiring to TM. Too thin and you may be getting a voltage drop at the motor. Do your trolling wires get hot or warm? If so upgrade to a bigger wire (smaller gauge#).

hipster dufus

motor deep enough, have a mark on shaft, wires don't get hot. Lithium batts, current draw good. I think my rig is just heavy. If a 80# is pushin at 2.3 and I'm gettin 2.5 on a 17 ft g3 I guess I'm good

Sprat

motor deep enough, have a mark on shaft, wires don't get hot. Lithium batts, current draw good. I think my rig is just heavy. If a 80# is pushin at 2.3 and I'm gettin 2.5 on a 17 ft g3 I guess I'm good
That sounds about right. My maxxum doesn't go more than 3 on my 16' express. What kind of lithium batteries did you go with? At 4 years old my lead acid batteries may not last much longer.

hipster dufus

I went with Ionic 50ah lithiums.12v. Had to get a new noco charger. Batts last 3 trips before i hav to charge em. Bought em a yr ago, bluetooth monitoring. I can reccomend.drewcraft online.any questions ask away.