To the top or the bottom....of a bottom

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
So I find this Small bottom along a drainage type creek......first white oak found in an area of pines and sweetgums. No scrapes found, but several rubs along some Heavily beaten paths(just now put 2 cams on them). There are several paths but two main ones go straight across the creek And they are maybe 40- 50 yards apart. I cleared an area right next to the creek in between them......so I am at the bottom of the bottom. This is crossbow area. I could set up, up the bank maybe 20 yards from the creek I am alongside, but I would be only 10’ higher than the creek. If I back up further from there I’m in pines and would have no shot in any direction.
Am I better off creek side or up the hill a bit looking down on it?

BornToHuntAndFish

Bottoms are notorious for swirling winds to spread your scent, but very wide bottoms can potentially help minimize this common problem.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Bottoms are notorious for swirling winds to spread your scent, but very wide bottoms can potentially help minimize this common problem.
I found a massive bottom I’m gonna set up a sniper station up on top of for rifle season. ....that’s on a different property.

With this one, There is sort of a hole or wedge that’s deep enough to sit in and set up in.....maybe it was a washout? but it’s right next to My cam and that rub and one of those trails ....like 5’ away. It’s mostly pines except near that little creek and on the other side. I also found a small grassy field with a gate that is Private, but one Of the trails goes thru the gate......so I guess we do have a food plot close by, imagine that :huh:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Rising in the morning and falling in the evening is what you need to remember...air that is!

Good luck sounds like a great spot!
I’ve heard this before and let it leave me......I’ll set up(clear ground) on both sides and take this into account. As much as I like being high up, I’d like to see a deer OTG.